Keybinds for Dance Competition (Risa and Nimbus III)
Hello all,

I figured today, that you are probably as much annoyed as I am to type or click all those dancing emotes. So I decided, that I make a keybind and share it with you. Copy the quoted text below into a new text file and save it as dance.txt, in your Live directory (usually C:\Program files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live)

Quote:1 "emote Dance"
2 "emote Dance_Club"
3 "emote Dance_Legkick"
4 "emote Dance_Raisetheroof"
5 "emote Dance_Robot"
6 "emote Dance_TheRunningMan"
7 "emote Dance_Sidestep"
8 "emote Dance_Snake"
9 "emote Dance_Wavehands"

Now read carefully, because if you do not proceed as I mention it here, you may mess up your keybinds.

Before you activate the dancing keybinds, save your current keybinds by going to your Options. Click on the HUD Tab and then click on "Save UI". Now you enter the chat command /bind_load_file dance.txt to activate the dancing keybinds.
  • 1 will let you "Just Dance"
  • 2 wil let you do "The Club Style"
  • 3 will let you do "The Legkick"
  • 4 will let you "Raise the roof"
  • 5 will let you do "The Robot"
  • 6 will let you do "The Running Man"
  • 7 will let you do "The Sidestep"
  • 8 will let you do "The Snake"
  • 9 will let you "Wave your hands"

When you are done with the Dance Competition, simply go back to your Options and select the HUD Tab. Click on "Load UI" and you are back in business.

I hope these keybinds will help you to make your Dance competition more enjoyable. By the way, there are three Dance emotes, that I know of, which you can unlock:
  • Fan Dance (unlocked by completing the Nimbus III Dance competition 4 times)
  • Samba (unlocked by talking to the Dance instructor on Risa during the Lohlunat Summer Festival)
  • Samba Advanced (unlocked by completing the Dance Party during the Lohlunat Summer Festival)

Cheers
TacPaddy
I have keybinds... but never thought of DANCE binds! Thanks TP... You are a Legion Admiral for a reason, much respect. Smile
Hopefully it's for more than just key binds! But good idea. It's infuriating when bad typing means you have to start again

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
(06-28-2013, 03:49 PM)Hijaak Wrote: I have keybinds... but never thought of DANCE binds! Thanks TP... You are a Legion Admiral for a reason, much respect. :
(06-28-2013, 03:58 PM)Monty Wrote: Hopefully it's for more than just key binds!
I hope that too. Smile
(06-28-2013, 03:58 PM)Monty Wrote: But good idea. It's infuriating when bad typing means you have to start again
My thought exactly. That's why I made this. Smile
Dancing keybinds? Jolan Tru, Tac.
[URL="http://stoacademy.com"][/URL]

"Use the Force, Harry"- Captain Picard, Lord of The Rings
Just a suggestion for anyone who can't so doesn't want to use keybinds. You can actually pin the emote window on your screen, scroll to the list of dance emotes and click them. The window won't go away until you close it.

I'm doing it that way because I was too lazy to create keybinds and then have to remember what each one is lol

pin it? How?
[URL="http://stoacademy.com"][/URL]

"Use the Force, Harry"- Captain Picard, Lord of The Rings
(07-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Xakthul Wrote: pin it? How?
Go to the icon in the bottom right of your chat window. Go to the emotes option. When it opens in the upper right corner of the emotes list is a little pin icon. Click that and it pins the emote window on your screen.

(07-02-2013, 12:39 PM)Attilio Wrote: Just a suggestion for anyone who can't so doesn't want to use keybinds. You can actually pin the emote window on your screen, scroll to the list of dance emotes and click them. The window won't go away until you close it.

I'm doing it that way because I was too lazy to create keybinds and then have to remember what each one is lol
I totally forgot about that. Had I remembered that, I wouldn't have created the keybinds. LOL
(07-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Xakthul Wrote: pin it? How?
When you open the emote overview, there should be a "pin" icon. Click on it and you're good to go.
(07-02-2013, 12:50 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: I totally forgot about that. Had I remembered that, I wouldn't have created the keybinds. LOL
When you open the emote overview, there should be a "pin" icon. Click on it and you're good to go.

Honestly, I completely forgot about it too. I was doing a dance thing and kept opening the menu. While waiting for the instructor to say the next dance I noticed the little pin icon and did this Picard Facepalm