Poll: What faction should become playable?
This poll is closed.
The Dominion
47.92%
23 47.92%
Breen Confederacy
10.42%
5 10.42%
Tal Shiar
8.33%
4 8.33%
Borg
16.67%
8 16.67%
Tholian
16.67%
8 16.67%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What new faction do you want?
(08-07-2013, 08:59 PM)Xakthul Wrote: That would make the Cardies too OP, as the Galor is already used as a reward for Q's Winter Wonderland,[...]
Huh? In my memory the Galor is a Lock Box Ship. 1st Reward from Q's Winter Wonderland was the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, 2nd Reward was the Breen Chel Grett Warship.
(08-07-2013, 09:32 PM)Jstagg Wrote: the Cardassion Union would probably be the only viable next step, and I would support it greatly! Would love to see those boys back on their feet.

The first couple of story missions be focused on the Detapa council, then onto the True Way threat! That would then bring the cardies into the fight against the 2900 (imagine the conflict on Bajor: Hathon with that!) and I think the starbases would be cool if they want to make the Cardassians a bit more established than the new Romulan Republic.

The Cardies should be able to do that though as theyve been getting on their feet ALOT longer than the Rommies have, and they have an established military no matter how diminished it is. The Cardassians would be a great addition to the game. They could completely rewrite their legacy.

So having the Dominion wouldnt work as they are committed to staying "out of the way," as has already been dictated in the story missions, having the Breen won't work as typically you will need a faction that will work with the others in the likes of STF's, and that isn't going to float for the Breen.
Tal Shiar isn't happening because of the Romulan Republic, it would disconnect them from the storyline.
Exactly. One could argue, that the Federation is too busy with the Klingons and the Borg and the Tholians and thusly allow the Cardassians to "officially" re-establish a military "defensive" force. Just like the Romulan Republic goes against the Tal Shiar, the new Cardassian Defense Forces could go up against the True Way.
(08-07-2013, 10:38 PM)Jstagg Wrote: I guess we'll have to wait and see! But my best guess is that Cardassians would be the next big faction Smile
Seconded. Already have a Fleet name for a possible Fleet in mind. But that does not belong here. Smile
Dammit, I forgot about the Lockboxes. Sorry bout that. I also forgot that most of the Tholian ships are already for sale. Same thing with the Dominion, I guess. That would make it too easy to get what were previously Lobi-only ships Tongue The devs have outsmarted me!
[URL="http://stoacademy.com"][/URL]

"Use the Force, Harry"- Captain Picard, Lord of The Rings
The cardassians wouldnt out of order with only the galor in the game. Lets not forget they can put out a remodel, and have the other classes in and shuttles! Would be great to see their own designs also
Let's just keep it the way it is PLEASE!!!! 6 characters is too many and I'm logging onto them all right now, daily... Smile
Agreed! I still need to make a Rommie liberated Borg female with impossibly large breasts and a relaxed attitude to modest clothing. Another race and it begins all over again.
that^ sir, is a truly great goal. But there still needs to be another aggressive player faction in the game.

Not yet! Seriously, there are 3 to choose from. A huge list of bugs, lots of areas that they could develop and expand on. Spending time on a new faction would be crazy. How about some space stfs for all reps in line with the omega ones? Ground, too. How about getting the doff system in the gateway? How about finishing the fluidic space story arc? All this should happen before new factions come

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
(08-09-2013, 04:50 AM)Monty Wrote: Not yet! Seriously, there are 3 to choose from. A huge list of bugs, lots of areas that they could develop and expand on. Spending time on a new faction would be crazy. How about some space stfs for all reps in line with the omega ones? Ground, too. How about getting the doff system in the gateway? How about finishing the fluidic space story arc? All this should happen before new factions come
Fair point.
Yeah, I guess. But how would they hammer out STFs for the Rommie rep? Most of the rep comes from fixing up the planet. Otherwise, it's just 'jump in, blow something up, jump out' patrol missions....

There are lots of options. Talk shiar fleet is massing, tholians are building a star base, elachi do something. It's not hard to come up with the bones of something that could work

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta