Poll: What type of ground weapon do you like best?
This poll is closed.
Melee
14.29%
4 14.29%
Pistol(s)
7.14%
2 7.14%
Rifle
39.29%
11 39.29%
Assault Weapons
39.29%
11 39.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best Ground Weapons
I love ground fights, but I'm a Sci. Rigellian. Starfleet

Good Commander-lvl options:

- Lirpa
- Assault weapons
- Dual pistols
[URL="http://stoacademy.com"][/URL]

"Use the Force, Harry"- Captain Picard, Lord of The Rings
Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon 
if you've got the money to put into Lobi

TR-116B Rifle - Sniper Rifle
if you like rifles, and to completely bypass enemy personal shields without the aid of other powers

Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine
if you really like the look of a FN Herstal P90 and the effectiveness of AP Assault weapons

each of these can get you into the DPS Ground channels if done right.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
as much as I love melee weapons and mastering the various combos they are just outclassed in almost all situations (borg and elachi being an interesting exception at times).  Personally I like things such as the split beam on my boffs and a the  Terran Task Force Disrupter Rifle on my OC as it just looks so badass and has massive utility.
Split beam and high intensity beam are my personal favourites - ground combat is a lost art

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
I like a range of options. I have found memories of tp and I getting groups of Borg stuck between the pulseweaves from the maco/honor guard set - for that it was perfect as most Borg want to get up close. For times when there are many targets who are weaker, you want something faster, and for fewer stronger targets (iconians, for example), something else will be better still.

I tend to take a few options with me, some on my boffs who aren't in the away team, so I can swap up as the situation demands.

The sword of khaless is still the best looking weapon, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what about plasma piercing rifle. I am very satisfied with it. Upgraded it to epic and is working great.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

(07-18-2017, 01:57 PM)Monty Wrote: I like a range of options. I have found memories of tp and I getting groups of Borg stuck between the pulseweaves from the maco/honor guard set - for that it was perfect as most Borg want to get up close. For times when there are many targets who are weaker, you want something faster, and for fewer stronger targets (iconians, for example), something else will be better still.

I tend to take a few options with me, some on my boffs who aren't in the away team, so I can swap up as the situation demands.

The sword of khaless is still the best looking weapon, though

It's definitely good practice to bring extras and options in the inventory! It's a pity we can't swap out during Red Alerts, or even make quick specs that change build/skills at the click of a button like in WoW. But hey, who am I lol
(07-18-2017, 02:28 PM)James Wrote: It's definitely good practice to bring extras and options in the inventory! It's a pity we can't swap out during Red Alerts, or even make quick specs that change build/skills at the click of a button like in WoW. But hey, who am I lol

Hmmmmm! Build changes would be most welcome. I don't need my threat increasing skills when I'm on dps or solo missions.

consensus on the STO Ground facebook group is that the Omega Force 3 pc set is now part of Meta.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(11-02-2016, 12:27 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon 
if you've got the money to put into Lobi

TR-116B Rifle - Sniper Rifle
if you like rifles, and to completely bypass enemy personal shields without the aid of other powers

Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine
if you really like the look of a FN Herstal P90 and the effectiveness of AP Assault weapons

each of these can get you into the DPS Ground channels if done right.
I just crafted the sniper rifle, can't wait to see what it does!