STF Ground
I think it's safe to say, some of us are great on the ground and some of us fail... As a whole, we work very well together as a Fleet no matter what the STF is, AND, even if it's going poorly, we work through the scenario to make sure we have it right for the next run...

With that said, I suggest we have an STF ground boot camp or training as a Fleet. We pretty much dominate the space STF's and I know we can do that as well, on the ground. Maybe the power that be can discuss this at the next Fleet meeting and possibly come up with some training times, scenario's and do after the event write-ups or pre STF strategy posts. I'm more than happy and willing to do whatever I can to make us successful and will support the leaders in any way possible.
I started having weekly training sessions on Wednesdays for ground STFs at one time, but my schedule eventually got in the way and I stopped. I do agree that this is something we need to do.

I wouldn't mind taking the time to train 4 other people in the original three STFs (IGE, CGE, KAGE) so that they can go out and train others as well. Hive is a whole other animal that we aren't touching just yet lol.

Well boss, I'll volunteer to train and then teach. My schedule, and wife is pretty flexible with my gaming, as we are usually in the same room watching TV and such. That's the nice thing about having a powerful laptop with dedicated graphics support!
(04-30-2013, 03:25 PM)Attilio Wrote: I wouldn't mind taking the time to train 4 other people in the original three STFs (IGE, CGE, KAGE) so that they can go out and train others as well. Hive is a whole other animal that we aren't touching just yet lol.

Excellent. To be honest, I need a little refresher course in IGE, CGE and KAGE, so I'll be in. I totally agree on the Hive STFs, they are indeed something different.
Sounds good. Out of all of them, KAGE is by far the easiest so we should start with that. It's mainly just killing everything in sight lol.

IGE is a little more complex because you have to know the trigger points and make sure no one passes them. People tend not to listen in IGE no matter how many times I tell them to pay attention before and during lol.

CGE requires dps and strategy. Everyone needs to know their role and just do it.

Obviously during training I don't expect that everyone understands what's going on and that we'll go through it smoothly. We won't even get the optional because I'll be too busy stopping us and talking about the next part of the mission. Yeah I do a lot of talking during training runs lol. If we can use voice chat than it'll be easier for us.

Yea, voice chat will be key... at least getting the Fleet up to speed.
(04-30-2013, 05:19 PM)Attilio Wrote: Obviously during training I don't expect that everyone understands what's going on and that we'll go through it smoothly. We won't even get the optional because I'll be too busy stopping us and talking about the next part of the mission. Yeah I do a lot of talking during training runs lol. If we can use voice chat than it'll be easier for us.
I don't mind the optionals. They are just that, optional. Nevertheless, it's nice to know about them. So if getting them in the future means NOT getting them in the training runs, then that's fine with me. Using RaidCall would make this evidently easier. After all saying the necessary words is easier and faster then typing them. Unless we have a deaf person with us, but what are the odds? Also having you both as Trainer and RaidCall Admin, should make this smooth like a walk in the park. Smile
Totally up for this. The challenge is there!
I'd be up for this--my schedule is all over the place, so I'll just have to keep an eye out as to when people are available. I've got Friday off, though, so I'll be free that morning (mountain standard time)!

I've been itching to get into the ground STFs. I haven't done the borg ones, though I've played some of the fleet ones. I'm particularly fond of Mine Trap, with all the salt vampires.
Hey boss, want to try to rally some people this weekend, see what we can do? My youngest turned 16 today and have plans on Sunday, but Saturday looks good.