Casual gamer guy looks forward to meet a mentor
Hi,

I am actually very new to this game (installing via steam right now) and would like to have some mentoring, if someone around here has the time and the willpower to teach me a few things. Although I've seen a few episodes of star trek, I'm no trekkie, and not used to the vocabulary.
But I am kind of intrested in a not full time mmorpg, and after a short search sto come up. So, why not. I'll start my journey, and, since I don't know anyone here around, and didn't find any information on "most wanted/needed class", iIll make something up, probably tactical for a start. But I could change if that would be a wise idea. I'll probably do like 2-4 hours a day for a start, the first two weeks, after that about 2-3 times a week like 2 hours. And of curse the weekends. But that depends on many things, not just the weather. So, thats me, a casual gamer triing some star trek.

If you got tips and suggestions, it'l be appriciated.

Kosi

p.s.: Yes, Teamspeak and average Interwebz, german, so utc+1 from 19-24h, oh, and my ennglish suc*s, so bare with me.

p.p.s.: If this thread is no good here, just move or delete it, no hard feelings.
Welcome! You'll find a lot of people willing to help out, with lots of advice. Of course, not everyone has the same opinion Big Grin Fortunately the game starts you off well, and it's not really until later in the game that really complicated things come up and by that time you'll be happily chatting away with us all.

We have some native German speakers and some non-native German speakers (ich!) so that won't be a problem.

Looking forward to seeing you in game!
Welcome to this game and all the gents/gals would be more then willing to answer any questions you may have now. They are still answering questions I have and I'm NO virgin. Haven't been since I was a bit "smaller" Smile

And this fleet is tops. These guys/gals go out of their way to help.

So you have picked a great game, for your imagination, and to widen your horizons and a fleet for making friends.

I'm one. Whose next?
Welcome to the ranks of STO players. I'm glad, you've found this Website. You'll find endless information here, that will help you with the Game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Forum or better yet, join our Fleet and ask us in-game.

[german]Herzlichen Willkommen im Kreis der STO-Spieler. Es freut mich, dass Du diese Website gefunden hast. Hier findest Du Informationen ohne Ende, die Dir im Spiel weiterhelfen werden. Bei Fragen, kannst Du in diesem Forum an uns wenden oder am besten gleich der Flotte beitreten und im Spiel fragen stellen.[/german]
TacPaddy Wrote:Welcome to the ranks of STO players. I'm glad, you've found this Website. You'll find endless information here, that will help you with the Game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Forum or better yet, join our Fleet and ask us in-game.

[german]Herzlichen Willkommen im Kreis der STO-Spieler. Es freut mich, dass Du diese Website gefunden hast. Hier findest Du Informationen ohne Ende, die Dir im Spiel weiterhelfen werden. Bei Fragen, kannst Du in diesem Forum an uns wenden oder am besten gleich der Flotte beitreten und im Spiel fragen stellen.[/german]

I understood both versions!
STO is a great choice for a casual MMO! You level pretty quickly, and the duty officer system (you'll find out) let's you log in, make a couple of choices, and log out, safe in the knowledge that your ship is still active and your officers are practicing their skills.

Welcome aboard, hit any of us up for advice.

Welcome aboard, hit any of us up for advice.
I'm around, like, a lot! Look for Hijaak or Tao'feng.... and soon to be Romulan (unnamed).