[SPOILERS] Picard Season 1 Episode 3: The End is the Beginning
Hoo boy love this ep.  Lets break it down!
  • Gotta take off some credit from the writers room for naming a Vulcan "Oh" without suitable reason.  Like if her name was unpronounceable, i would get it, or if it was a nickname given by subordinates, but she INTRODUCES HERSELF as Oh, when there are PLENTY of good strong Vulcan names to choose from.  
  • This might be the last time we see Laris and Zhaban, and that gives me the big sad.
  • Love the idea of "Here's some food for the road, I went through a lot of trouble to- OH ELEMENTS THERES A FIREFIGHT"
  • Love how Zhaban and Laris go straight from loving caring roomies (get it, they're rommies, but they're also in a sense picard's roommates) to ass-kicking as soon as the first shot is fired. 
  • HOW MANY PHASERS ARE THERE IN THIS HOUSE?
  • First look at the ship, I approve of the design, looking forward to seeing it more.
  • Looks like picard's big swordfight is next thursday/friday.  Mark your calendars.
  • The new uniform is cool and good and I need it.  That is all
  • Gotta love seeing Vasquez Rocks as ACTUAL VASQUEZ ROCKS instead of alien planet number 098371402
  • Soji might be getting close to the chopping block
  • Was her badge green there for a second while she was badgering Rhamda?
  • Love the idea of "Its not mythology, its the news"
  • When picard said Engage I think my heart melted a little.
  • Whats the problem with this EMH? Is he like black market and thats why he switches accents every time he shows up? Because I could totally get behind that as a character feature.  
  • I want to know more about the ibn Majid.  Sounds like an Intel ship idea if ever there was one.  
  • I feel like Raffi is going to change her mind eventually.
  • But LAAAARISSSS, I wanna see a Tal Shiar interrogation!
  • I'm really loving having all this holographic tech now that it actually makes sense for them to have it in the show's time period.
  • Was really hoping Laris and Zhaban would be like "obviously this place isn't safe, we should go with you"
  • Agnes just straight up murdered a guy and was like "and I oop"
  • I totally understand Picards "Give me my ships or take my resignation" then being surprised when they take your resignation move.  I may have done that in a few online groups, just a couple times.
  • Jesus, Narek, READ THE ROOM.  She's having a mental breakdown and he's like "I think I love you, let's bang!"
  • Next episode looks good and cool.
  • Solid work on the composing by Jeff Russo.  Gigantic swell as Picard says engage.
  • Also the look around the bridge after that is great: Jurati "Oh thats so cool" Rios "Aight lets fly" Raffi "Jesus JL, get a hold of yourself"
  • I need more sass from this show.  Like Jett Reno levels of sass.
  • Finally get to see Hugh, his eyes are VERY off-putting there at the start.
  • I need my Seven fix.  Where is she?
[Image: 9jilqcf.gif]
Well, given that Liberated Romulan Borg are presented as psychologically damaged goods due to their physiology, I guess I would have to rewrite the Bio of my main toon. But I refuse.  Tongue

Also, regarding Commodore Oh: Way to blow a cover. She's supposed to be Vulcan, right? Why would she need sun glasses? What happened to her inner eyelids? Or is this another writer's error?
[Image: M9MUirH.png]
She just wanted to look like she was throwing shade at the good Dr.

Accolade complete: The Unstoppable Captain