What the heck happened? (Battle experience)
So the other day I was doing a TFO with some other people from the fleet. Storming the Spire on advanced difficulty. Everything was fine, blow up enemies, don't blow up yourself, great. All fine and dandy. So throughout the entire fight my hull was never under 90%. 
Then comes the voth dreadnought at the end. Now I've fought this thing before and been fine, whacks me now and then might even need a heal, but all in all no real issues.
But this time, right before it died, it hit me with something, and I don't know what it was. I was at near max shields, and 100% hull, all of a sudden, no shields 18% hull. Talking within a fraction of a second. Popped miraculous repairs, 100% hull, 100% shields. And then boom, my ship blows up. You have been defeated. And then the dreadnought exploded too. 
All of this happened within a matter of about 4-5 seconds.
----
----
What am I missing? What on earth did this thing hit me with twice in 5 seconds, that decimated my ship twice?
----
Keeping in mind, this is not a low hull ship. Now granted I'm not the tankiest thing in the world either, but with 114k hull, 24k shields, and 45+% resists down the line, I have never seen anything do that kind of damage to me in PvE so quickly. Any ideas what this thing hit me with?

Any other ships nearby that may have hit you with a Warp Core Breach?
(03-12-2019, 08:16 AM)Belgevain Wrote: Any other ships nearby that may have hit you with a Warp Core Breach?

That's a thing another ship can just...do to you? I thought that was a result of taking heavy damage on higher difficulties.

As far as I know, there shouldn't have been any other ships. Just the dreadnought, and a bunch of escape shuttles at that point.

Sometimes if there's a lot going on, you don't see the enemy torp spread that nukes you. Torps on higher difficulties and scaling past 60 are all kinds of FUBAR at this point, and since torp spread cannot miss, the only way to mitigate an incoming spread is to somehow proc an immunity period. It's unfortunately quite common to get one-shotted by torp spread on higher difficulties nowadays and Cryptic has known about this issue for months and done nothing to fix it.

(03-13-2019, 02:17 AM)robonixon Wrote: Sometimes if there's a lot going on, you don't see the enemy torp spread that nukes you. Torps on higher difficulties and scaling past 60 are all kinds of FUBAR at this point, and since torp spread cannot miss, the only way to mitigate an incoming spread is to somehow proc an immunity period. It's unfortunately quite common to get one-shotted by torp spread on higher difficulties nowadays and Cryptic has known about this issue for months and done nothing to fix it.

Interesting. I suppose it's possible that may have happened. I guess I'll just have to pay closer attention next time. I've seen torps hit me before and they don't usually hit like that. I suppose if I took a full spread.