explain Ambassador Spock IDIC Medallion
Hi people,
I know that the commendations will be removed (revamped?) but as many are doing I would like to reach the maximum before their removal.
I don't understand much Ambassador Spock IDIC Medallion.
It writes:
Have three level 50 or higher characters, each in a different faction with a different career. The Federation and TOS factions count as the same. This is automatically checked each month.

But there are two factions! How can I have 3 (or more) characters each in a different faction? Unless you consider romulan as a faction. Moreover, it's not written "inside the FLEET"!
Somebody can explain this commendation to me, please?
I'm not a native English speaker. I make mistakes when I write in this language.
IIRC

Have three level 50 or higher characters, each in a different faction with a different career. The Federation and TOS factions count as the same. This is automatically checked each month.

The Three Factions are Federation (Fed) Romulan (Rom) and Klingon (KDF)
Fed, TOS-Fed, Disco (STD) = Same
Rom-Fed or Rom-KDF = Same
KDF
Jem = Not counted

+ Careers TAC, ENG and SCI

So for me in order of my creation
Fed-ENG
Rom-SCI
TOS-TAC* (I do not recall getting credit for this as it was TOS )
KDF-TAC
That's correct, Romulan is a faction. They only choose to ally themselves with either Fed or KDF, but are considered their own faction in the game. Of course the characters need to be in the fleet because that's the only way we can check.

i have a question, would a Dominion character (jem/cardy) count as the faction they aligned with? 
example: cardassian aligned with fed. would that count as a fed faction character?
(03-07-2019, 05:04 PM)DarkoMG Wrote: i have a question, would a Dominion character (jem/cardy) count as the faction they aligned with? 
example: cardassian aligned with fed. would that count as a fed faction character?

A Jem'Hadar wouldn't but a Cardassian would

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Sounds like there's still some confusion.

The faction is what you first choose when you create a character: Starfleet, KDF, Romulan, Dominion.

For Romulan and Dominion, you have to choose an ally, but that does not impact your faction. Your faction is still what you first chose. Your allegiance only grants you access to content from their faction.

Cardassian is a species like Vulcan, Klingon, etc. Cardassians are not part of the Dominion faction, they are either in the Starfleet or KDF factions. Jem'Hadar are the only species in the Dominion faction.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post more questions if there are any.

I just joined the Legion with my KDF sci. I believe I have 3 characters with different carriers to satisfy the medal. How do I proceed? I am soooo bad with submitting stuffs since the system got changed...
I'm not a native English speaker. I make mistakes when I write in this language.
ok thanks that cleared up my question.
the old character creator before today's revamp must have been glitched since it was sometimes showing cardassians under the dominion tab LOL...
thanks again
Spock medal is automatically checked