[SPOILERS] Discovery Season 2 Episode 4: An Obol for Charon
  • Holy shit
  • Holy shit x2
  • Holy shit x3
  • Love that Jet Reno is back, and Commander Nahn.   
  • Holy shit x4
  • LOVE that we got to see Number One
  • May is a total bitch
  • Jet Reno is hilarious
  • "Slap me really hard"
  • Holy shit x5
  • Saru really had me going there for a solid 30 minutes
  • How the hell did they fit all of that into 50 minutes?
  • I'm going to have to watch this again to understand even half of what happened there
  • Holy shit x6
  • My brain is still trying to process what I just saw
  • Did a good job at building the stakes of the episode, but like typical Star Trek, the stakes mean nothing at the end of the day because the good guys always win
  • I want Stamets vs Reno Epic Rap Battles of History (Epic Rap Battles of the Future?)
  • Holy shit x7
  • Like that we got some ties to the Short Treks, makes them mean something more than just "Hey pay us money for more stuff"
  • Holy shit x8
  • Looks like next episode is going to be even more jam-packed than this one.  Maybe a two-parter?
  • Burnham is acting her ass off and I love it
  • Holy shit x9
  • Overall AMAZING episode, might just beat Sacrifice of Angels as my favorite ever.
  • Holy shit TEN HIT COMBO
[Image: 9jilqcf.gif]
(02-08-2019, 02:15 AM)coolkirk1701 Wrote:
  • Saru really had me going there for a solid 30 minutes
  • How the hell did they fit all of that into 50 minutes?
  • I'm going to have to watch this again to understand even half of what happened there
  • Burnham is acting her ass off and I love it
  • Overall AMAZING episode.
  • Holy shit TEN HIT COMBO

[Image: pjX3Jq9.png]
[Image: Zz0Lj8T.png]
I felt like this one kind of sped along due to needing to resolve multiple story threads by the end of the episode, could have used another 4-5 minutes. Not sure I liked the interactions between Stamets and Notaro's character either, felt a little bit forced. Interesting how they are laying the threads for the mothballing of the spore drive.

(02-09-2019, 12:04 AM)robonixon Wrote: Interesting how they are laying the threads for the mothballing of the spore drive.

Meh,
I felt that they took the spore drive off the table at the end of season 1, and then just started using it whenever they wanted in season 2. (Didn't that big myceal forest burn down at the end of season 1, don't they need that?)
Now they are saying using the drive causes damage? I believe it....

(Sounds like in season 6 (7?) of TNG when they suddenly discovered that any warp travel threatens to destroy space, and they had to slow to warp 5 unless it was an emergency. (aka, almost every episode was an emergency...)

I feel like they are walking a thin line, where on one side they need to downplay the Spore Drive as not being so great, as it's never talked about in history after discovery,
and on the other side it is the greatest toy they can use to jump anywhere and they love it!

I feel they are not walking the line well, and I feel Starfleet would be pumping out a whole line of the ships.

Chris

Accolade complete: The Unstoppable Captain