first of all thank you. I was a bit surprised, how much the "Endeavor Grind" foundry missions are appreciated. On that note, thank you as well for all the Dilithium Ore tips.
I have reviewed all the feedback as well as the list of known personal endeavors and I made some changes.
Before I get into details, one of the most prominent requests was to relocate the starting point into sector space to reduce loading screens. The question now is just to where? I'd like it to be the same for both the UFP and KDF versions. So, I decide to let you choose. Please check out this poll and cast your vote. The poll will be active until Saturday, Feb 9th at noon UTC (click here for countdown). I will then review the poll and add the voted starting point to the new versions of the missions and start to publish them.
Here is what will change:
- Just as a reminder: I am aware that sometimes kills are not counted and it annoys the hell outta me as much as it annoys you. However, that is a bug in the Endeavor system. Please keep that in mind, when giving your reviews in the new versions.
- The new versions are derived from a new template. While they will have the same name upon publication, they have a new ID and thusly will be put in the "Review Content" section at first again.
- A simple Q&A session is added at the end of the mission regarding known issues. You can read some explanations about them there.
- The first map is now the Space Arena, as the starting point will most likely be in Sector Space. You optionally fight off enemies while approaching the planet to beam down to the Ground Arena.
- The first wave will have 2x 6 Frigates (set to true combat)to take care of easy and medium "Defeat <Race> Ships" endeavors. I chose Frigates after reading reports that higher ship classes sometimes do not count towards the progression. Also the need to defeat higher class ships is mostly restricted to a certain location.
- The second wave will have 3x 6 Frigates (set to true combat) to supply the rest to take care of hard "Defeat <Race> Ships" endeavors.
- If by that point, the "Deal Damage" and/or "Healing" endeavors are still to be completed, a third and fourth wave can be spawned. They each will consist of a diamond formation of 1 Battleship and 6 surrounding Cruisers. These are set to Legacy Combat and should be easier to kill.
- Ground combat again takes place in our beloved Arena from the "Coliseum" episode. It is optional however. If you do not need to work on ground endeavors, choose the option in the dialogue and retreat towards the Iconian Gateway to complete the mission.
- If combat is chosen, you need to interact with the small Fortification post in the center of the Arena to spawn the first wave. I'm just telling this, because I received claims that there was nothing to interact with. It always was.
- The first wave spawns 2 Captains, 2 Lieutenants and 6 Ensigns. It takes care of easy "Defeat <Race> (Ground)" as well as easy / medium "Defeat Captains" endeavors.
- The second wave spawns 2 Captains, 2 Lieutenants and 6 Ensigns as well. This takes care of medium "Defeat <Race> (Ground)" endeavors.
- The third wave spawns 3 Captains, 3 Commanders and 6 Lieutenants. This takes care of hard "Defeat Captains" personal as well as the "Defeat Captains / Commanders" universal endeavors.
- The fourth wave spawns a total of 30 Ensigns. While all previous enemies were set to true combat, these 30 Ensigns will not. It's supposed to help in quickly taking them down to complete hard "Defeat <Race> (Ground)" endeavors.