Build Advise Needed for Battle Cruiser
I just started playing a couple months ago and have recently leveled to 65 and decided on a T6 Battle Cruiser. Linked below is my current build.
https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/8547...f6767fe366

This build was just random things I chose while leveling the first time thru and didn’t really know what I was doing. I have a respec token in hand and ready to make it right with (hopefully)the help of you fine folks.
A few specific questions:

What reputations would you recommend to outfit my ship with better equipment?
What Doff/Boff abilities are the most helpful for the Battle Cruiser style of play (circle strafe)
What role are you wanting to play? DPS? Tank? Control? Melt everything in your path?

It will help a lot more to know what you want to do with the ship/captain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well as you have decent Phaser weapons I would keep them for now at least and re-engineer them so that you have CrtD and Pen, with the epic mod being DM_CrtD. You might want to consider having a look at any rep weapons at some point - for instance I think once Terran is completed you can get a phaser version of the beam array. Eventually you might want to consider getting Sensor Linked Phasers (very expensive on exchange). I would also get a second Omni Phaser - you can slot two one being rep. You will have to check which one as now that I am mostly lvl 6 I have a few showing. Aegis is not a bad set per say. However I would take a look at the Colony Shields and Deflectors and perhaps use those in conjunction with Prevailing Impulse and Warp from the competitive rep set.

I would use Locators and exploiters from the Fleet spire

Also it is worth getting a couple of SRO Tactical BOFFs from the embassy and a science and engineer Kremin from the research lab.
(02-03-2019, 01:45 PM)roninuta Wrote: What role are you wanting to play? DPS? Tank? Control? Melt everything in your path?

Thanks for the reply. I want to be DPS but survive solo as well.
(02-03-2019, 04:16 PM)Trudard Wrote: Well  I would also get a second Omni Phaser - you can slot two one being rep. You will have to check which one as now that I am mostly lvl 6 I have a few showing. 

I would use Locators and exploiters from the Fleet spire. 

I took your advise and got Locators and an Ancient Omni Phaser to fill in the AFT weapons. I also added the broadside emitter array.

Do any of the other console stick out as stinkers? Any other recommendations as far as those go?
A couple of additional suggestions based on the build and the DPS route. 
  • Drop Techie for Context is for Kings (might find on the exchange), it will work better in the long term
  • Upgrade deflector to a colony deflector with the ColCrt mod on it. 
  • Upgrade engines to the Competitive ones (your choice as to which ones, for survival go fortified, otherwise go innervated).
  • Warp core - either get the Terran Task Force, or even a fleet core. You want the [AMP] modifier on it if possible. 
  • Shield - Ageis is fine for now, but move to either the Fortified or Innervated shield for the 2-piece bonus. 
  • With no points in projectile weapons, might consider swapping the torp in front with another beam array. 
  • Trudard is right on the omni-directional, the one you have listed is an anti-proton. You can get a trilithium enhanced onmi-phaser from "Beyond the Nexus". Get the Reinforced Armaments console on another play through of that mission as well. That would give you 2 phaser omni-directional in the rear and the kinetic cutting beam as well. 
  • The reinforced armaments console will provide you power transfer rate, boost to max hull and hull restoration, as well as giving you the two piece bonus of +15 flight speed and 5% speed on firing cycle, boosting DPS. Replace the SIF generator with this. 
  • If you have access to the D.O.M.I.N.O. console (bajorian interceptor), swap the interphasic instability with the DOMINO console. Drops the 5% all damage for a +15% phaser and +20 Acc boost.
  • Commander Engineering - drop the Aceton Beam III, replace with Directed Energy modulation III, contact someone in the fleet if  you need a manual, most of us are happy to do it. 
  • Replace directed energy modulation II with Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field II, better damage resistance, and a boost to hull heals (also will trigger the Fortified Engines). 
  • Personally I would drop the emergency power to shields for emergency power to weapons, boosts quick DPS. 
  • If keeping the torp, no changes to tactical. If dropping the torpedo, drop the torp skills, add another tactical team, replace beam overload II with kemocite laced weapons I. Drop the torp spread III for fire at will III. 
  • Gravimetric Scientist is not doing you any good, no grav well skills Smile
This is just how I would build it, be sure to play what is fun for you.