STO Academy Armada - Revamp
(04-24-2019, 04:06 PM)James Wrote: Are the STOA Fleets the only fleets your characters have been in?

A few of my Alts were in the 58th ages ago, but since Belgevain joined I've always been a member. Tolmo'Son joined Infinity pretty much as soon as he was able.

Tried donating a few different commodity types, but the Overall Holding Contribution is holding steady at 287,134... Very glad I didn't donate the other 150k Dil on him before I'd noticed!

Are you donating to Infinity projects or another fleet in the Armada? I think that number in the roster is only for Infinity donations.

I've been donating all over the place, and on Belgevain at least it updates the overall contribution regardless where I donate.

Having just double checked on Tolmo'Son, it only updates if I donate to Infinity projects, not any of the others

Edit:

Checked on all my characters, and this is the same across them all. I'm now thoroughly confused how our Fleet Award is calculated, as it would seem to ignore donations made, if they aren't being made to your specific Fleet. Not to mention make it much harder to attain some of the later Awards...

(04-24-2019, 08:54 PM)Belgevain Wrote: I've been donating all over the place, and on Belgevain at least it updates the overall contribution regardless where I donate.

Having just double checked on Tolmo'Son, it only updates if I donate to Infinity projects, not any of the others

Edit:

Checked on all my characters, and this is the same across them all. I'm now thoroughly confused how our Fleet Award is calculated, as it would seem to ignore donations made, if they aren't being made to your specific Fleet. Not to mention make it much harder to attain some of the later Awards...
If you donate to the other fleets via the armada system it counts it against the leaderboards. It still comes through with the roster upload

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
The awards are tracked by whatever number is shown in the roster. That's the only thing we're able to automatically track. This is saved in our system every time we upload the roster. So even if you switch fleets the number is still available.

For example, CharacterA is in Omega and donates 100. That number is recorded. Later CharacterA switches to Infinity and donates 20. The member now has a total of 120.

As for the later awards, they are meant to be challenging.We can't make everything easy lol

(04-24-2019, 09:39 PM)Attilio Wrote: The awards are tracked by whatever number is shown in the roster. That's the only thing we're able to automatically track. This is saved in our system every time we upload the roster. So even if you switch fleets the number is still available.

For example, CharacterA is in Omega and donates 100. That number is recorded. Later CharacterA switches to Infinity and donates 20. The member now has a total of 120.

As for the later awards, they are meant to be challenging.We can't make everything easy lol

I totally understand not making it easy, it's one of my current in-game goals at the moment, I was unaware however that making Donations to Fleet within the Armada that you're not a member off isn't tracked.

Having checked across all my toons, there is a similar disparity on them all, it's just more noticeable on Tolmo'Son, always a school day!  Rolleyes

(04-24-2019, 09:39 PM)Attilio Wrote: As for the later awards, they are meant to be challenging.We can't make everything easy lol

I would like some easy rewards to fill my display case  Tongue
(04-24-2019, 11:19 PM)OrionSnake Wrote: I would like some easy rewards to fill my display case  Tongue

Haha once the achievements start coming out everyone's display cases will be filled quickly. Achievements are basically awards that aren't tied to rank requirements.

(04-24-2019, 09:47 PM)Belgevain Wrote: I totally understand not making it easy, it's one of my current in-game goals at the moment, I was unaware however that making Donations to Fleet within the Armada that you're not a member off isn't tracked.

Having checked across all my toons, there is a similar disparity on them all, it's just more noticeable on Tolmo'Son, always a school day!  Rolleyes

Apologies for continuing on this topic like a broken record, but I would just like to add a few notes before I endeavour to let the topic drop.

I've now gone across all of my Characters, many of which have only ever been in the Armada, and I have disparity of well over Million Lifetime Fleet Credits earned compared to what is shown in Holdings contribution.

As this is the value that is exported to calculate the Awards, I feel that the Awards description be altered, so that other Fleet members don't make the mistake I've made by donating stockpiles of Dilithium and Fleet Marks to projects that don't track.

Whilst I appreciate that the Award shouldn't be the sole reason for donating to Fleet Holdings, it is one way of encouraging the behaviour.

I've yet to have a response from Cryptic over whether this is a bug or a feature, and if I'm honest I doubt it would get response, simply because of how little it actually effects. It is a fly in the otherwise perfect solution of using the Overall Holding Contribution value for the Award. 

The only solutions I can think of would involve players having to provide screenshots off Lifetime Fleet Credits earnt on joining, and when they reach milestones, which would not only be complicated, but also place an unfair workload on the Admiralty, in what is supposed to be a form of entertainment. 

Unless you enjoy Data Entry, in which case... Cool?

Anyway, as I said, just my 10 cents on the matter...

Thanks Belgevain. I'll update the description to make it clear that this number is what is found in the roster and that the roster only tracks contributions within that fleet.

We may actually have a lifetime fleet credit achievement in the future which would require a screenshot.