STO Academy Armada - Revamp
I didn't know that, very re-assuring to know! Which, at the risk of going off topic, leads into my next question... What is the deal with Jem'Hadar characters then?

My Alt Tolmo'Son has managed to accumulate well over 700,00 Fleet Credits, but according to the Fleet Roster in game, has only earnt 287,00 or so... Any clue as to how I've got such a error between the would be very welcome, as it's had me puzzled for some time. My only idea is that somewhere on the Gamma Recruitment Grind they award a load of Fleet Credits and that threw the count off!

(04-22-2019, 03:27 PM)Belgevain Wrote: I didn't know that, very re-assuring to know! Which, at the risk of going off topic, leads into my next question... What is the deal with Jem'Hadar characters then?

My Alt Tolmo'Son has managed to accumulate well over 700,00 Fleet Credits, but according to the Fleet Roster in game, has only earnt 287,00 or so... Any clue as to how I've got such a error between the would be very welcome, as it's had me puzzled for some time. My only idea is that somewhere on the Gamma Recruitment Grind they award a load of Fleet Credits and that threw the count off!
Is that your overall holding contribution you're looking at?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Yeah, the overall holding stands at 28700ish. whereas the I have well over 650000 Fleet Credits to spend, having already bought Fleet equipment. I'd just assumed the Jem'Hadar were gifted a load of Fleet Credits at some point.

(04-22-2019, 03:54 PM)Belgevain Wrote: Yeah, the overall holding stands at 28700ish. whereas the I have well over 650000 Fleet Credits to spend, having already bought Fleet equipment. I'd just assumed the Jem'Hadar were gifted a load of Fleet Credits at some point.

I see. 

I had a look and it seems the Jems don't start with any fleet credits! Take some screenshots and we'll call on you to try and get it sorted!
(04-22-2019, 12:01 PM)Attilio Wrote: We've been running these fleets for years and no one has felt excluded. I think its important to understand that these aren't overflow fleets. They were created so that none of the fleets hits that 500 limit. New members have been invited to any of the fleets at any time. It has nothing to do with overflow.

In the document at the beginning of this thread, it states: "Spillover of main characters will go to Militia, Omega, then Infinity". This is what I am referring to as overflow. I'm not trying to criticise how the fleet has been or is currently wrong here, I am commenting on the proposed revamp that is the subject of this thread.

Also, I'm not trying to criticise at all. My point is that while yes, people feeling excluded is a risk factor for what I'm suggesting, it is also a risk factor for these proposed changes. In fact, it is a risk factor for just about anything a guild of this scale does. If it isn't happening now, great! That doesn't mean it can't happen or won't happen, but it also isn't necessarily a reason not to do things.

(04-22-2019, 12:01 PM)Attilio Wrote: Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say when you said certain fleets would host certain types of events. If anyone can host any event then I don't see the need to say that Militia will run Colony events.

I think the issue here is that you're looking at things in very certain terms.

Ultimately, my suggestion is that the different fleets have an identity, story, or gimmick. Maybe that gimmick is an explanation for their name. Maybe that gimmick is a specific headquarters. Maybe that gimmick is a common theme between characters. I don't know. As you've demonstrated, I obviously don't have access to all the numbers and statistics here: I can't do more than suggest a vague concept.

Everything beyond that was just possibilities. If the Militia likes the vibe of being a colonial militia, and wants to run Colony Invasion events on a regular basis, that's their choice to make. If Infinity wants to host retro starship events, that's their choice. I'm not in those fleets, I'm not running those fleets, and how leaders and communities decide to invest their time is none of my business. I just suggested some ways in which giving those fleets a sense of identity might perhaps lead to. You can plant Ivy next to a wall, but it grows up it on its own.

You seem to like the basic premise. It would be a shame to rule it out entirely, just because of certain specifics that were never intended to be specfic.
Like I mentioned, we haven't really enforced that "spillover" idea and probably won't. The intent was to have everyone's main character in one fleet to improve relations, but it seems like our other changes have done a good enough job at that.

I understand you're not trying to criticize. We're just having a conversation about an idea. It's important to talk about it. That's how people learn from each other and then turn a good idea into a great idea.

I think there are certainly a lot of things we can take from our discussion and do something with it. I can't promise it'll be done right away, but its certainly worth looking into.

(04-22-2019, 04:24 PM)James Wrote: I see. 

I had a look and it seems the Jems don't start with any fleet credits! Take some screenshots and we'll call on you to try and get it sorted!

I've attached a screenshot, the character says it joined the Fleet 6/5/2018 10:15:52 PM Which sounds right, as that's roughly when Victory is Life launched.

I don't think the issue is with this site, but rather something server side, just wish I knew how it occurred!

(04-24-2019, 12:48 PM)Belgevain Wrote: I've attached a screenshot, the character says it joined the Fleet 6/5/2018 10:15:52 PM Which sounds right, as that's roughly when Victory is Life launched.

I don't think the issue is with this site, but rather something server side, just wish I knew how it occurred!

Oh I see - I completely misunderstood you - yes that is 100% a game issue.

If it's wrong on our database too then the game will need to fix it probably before we are able to fix it on our side as your current amount of fleet credits in your inventory isn't what we track! We do it across all the characters too, so if one character is wrong then it will throw the entire thing it seems.

Definitely get in touch with Cryptic!
(04-24-2019, 12:56 PM)James Wrote: Oh I see - I completely misunderstood you - yes that is 100% a game issue.

If it's wrong on our database too then the game will need to fix it probably before we are able to fix it on our side as your current amount of fleet credits in your inventory isn't what we track! We do it across all the characters too, so if one character is wrong then it will throw the entire thing it seems.

Definitely get in touch with Cryptic!

I've submitted a bug report, but I doubt I'll hear much back... Although having just tested it, the Fleet Overall Holding isn't tracking at ALL on Tolmo'son, tried donating 20k Dil, and the value of Holding contribution didn't alter at all, even after changing maps.

(04-24-2019, 03:55 PM)Belgevain Wrote: I've submitted a bug report, but I doubt I'll hear much back... Although having just tested it, the Fleet Overall Holding isn't tracking at ALL on Tolmo'son, tried donating 20k Dil, and the value of Holding contribution didn't alter at all, even after changing maps.

Are the STOA Fleets the only fleets your characters have been in?