STO Academy Armada - Revamp
Thanks! It's been fixed.

(03-12-2019, 08:05 AM)Parakema Wrote: So, pre-revamp Commodores become an exception and only need to do only up to 71% of the grind, if at all. Great!

In that case, I owe pre-revamp Commodores a PSA then:

FM: Fleet Commodore @Parakema
TO: all pre-revamp Commodores
SUBJ: Recommendations for promotion to Fleet Commodore

Greetings,

while it is now official, that it is not necessary for you to meet post-revamp requirements to become eligible for promotion, I do not share that standard.

It is my personal opinion, that everyone should meet the post-revamp conditions for their current rank before they become eligible for promotion. In the case of the pre-revamp-Captains and Fleet Captains, this happens automatically as they are forced to grind TFOs and Episode replays. Pre-revamp Commodores should not be an exception and be allowed to do only up to 71% of the post-revamp grind. For that reason, I am also currently grinding Episodes, so that I meet the post-revamp requirements as well.

So in short, if you hope for a recommendation for promotion to Fleet Commodore from me, you better have done the grind or get the recommendation from another Fleet Commodore or higher.

signed
@Parakema

A well crafted PSA as they always are, TP.

However, unfortunately you do not make the rules, and these have been set out.

If there are unduly rejected recommendations for promotions, there will be consequences to those actions.
(03-12-2019, 08:18 PM)James Wrote: However, unfortunately you do not make the rules, and these have been set out.

If there are unduly rejected recommendations for promotions, there will be consequences to those actions.
Actually James, I WOULD be following the rules!

The Admiralty wants the recommendations to be an essay about what the promotee has done and why I (as recommender) would think they should be promoted.

You literally want an essay and expect me to explain, why I consider someone worthy of promotion and yet you are threatening me, because I would do exactly that? Are you serious???

Well, I guess the other Fleet Commodores will going to be busy then.
(03-13-2019, 03:11 PM)Parakema Wrote: Actually James, I WOULD be following the rules!

The Admiralty wants the recommendations to be an essay about what the promotee has done and why I (as recommender) would think they should be promoted.

You literally want an essay and expect me to explain, why I consider someone worthy of promotion and yet you are threatening me, because I would do exactly that? Are you serious???

Well, I guess the other Fleet Commodores will going to be busy then.

At no point in that statement did I say that you would not be following the rules. Instead you seem to have delivered your own interpretation which is unfortunately incorrect.

At no point either have we insinuated that we desire an essay about what the person has done and why. There is certainly the space for that should you as the person making the recommendation see fit to do so.

So no, I don't want an essay. It's quite clear cut. You're just overthinking it.

No buddy, I'm not threatening you. That is quite the over-reaction. Perhaps you should take a step back and calm down before you continue to put words in my mouth.
To clarify for the entire fleet, the recommendation should contain more than just "This person is helpful." A bit more constructive feedback is expected, such as:

"I've had a lot of questions about the game and the fleet since I started. Whenever this person was online I would ask them and they always tried to answer."

"Even though this person doesn't have the best gear, they're always interested in doing TFOs with the fleet. I've had the pleasure of running a many with them, even though a few Elites were a disaster lol"

In no way is this an essay, but they tell us something important.

As for the requirements for promotion, those are clearly stated on the ranks page for all to see. Frankly, no one needs to be concerned about these when it comes to recommending other members.

The recommendation is a way for the Admiralty to learn about our members because we don't have the pleasure of spending time with all of you. So by requiring a recommendation we're asking you to get to know each other and then tell us about it. This is supposed to be a fun experience for all.

Good news everyone! You know how some of you have asked about the updated ribbon bar? Well there isn't going to be one. Instead, you can create your very own award display case. Have fun!

https://armada.stoacademy.com/awards/display-case

As time goes on we plan on adding some achievements which will be various awards you can earn for fun that aren't tied directly to promotions. You'll be able to add these to your display case as well.

(03-14-2019, 08:27 PM)Attilio Wrote: Good news everyone! You know how some of you have asked about the updated ribbon bar? Well there isn't going to be one. Instead, you can create your very own award display case. Have fun!

https://armada.stoacademy.com/awards/display-case

As time goes on we plan on adding some achievements which will be various awards you can earn for fun that aren't tied directly to promotions. You'll be able to add these to your display case as well.
Had to display my case in small format. It said I exceded 255 characters.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
(03-15-2019, 12:32 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: Had to display my case in small format. It said I exceded 255 characters.

I cleaned it up for you. There was a bunch of blank spaces. The dimensions of the image don't have any effect on the number of characters.

(03-15-2019, 01:43 AM)Attilio Wrote: I cleaned it up for you. There was a bunch of blank spaces. The dimensions of the image don't have any effect on the number of characters.
Thanks.

Looks sweet.