STO Academy Armada - Revamp
The revamp looks interesting and with lots of good ideas.  I like the ones where I can get commendation by joining with other guild members on a Task Force.  I think it's better than joining a PUG.  

If anything, this revamps will bring guild members together to work toward something for the fleet and for personal recognition.
I would also like to see a way to create like a message group, like Via Facebook Messenger in order to keep in constant contact. With discord being available on the phone as well. The only drawback to that messenger type is that you constantly need it open and most players like myself have multiple channels they have joined. So you never know what group is talking and not to mention the amount of times it will go off due to someone talking in other groups. (My Pcs go ping almost every second, which is annoying). The group chat would isolate and allow us to just get messages from other fleet mates. (Also you do not need a Facebook account to have messenger)

(02-03-2019, 12:23 AM)FireTrek Wrote: I would also like to see a way to create like a message group, like Via Facebook Messenger in order to keep in constant contact. With discord being available on the phone as well. The only drawback to that messenger type is that you constantly need it open and most players like myself have multiple channels they have joined. So you never know what group is talking and not to mention the amount of times it will go off due to someone talking in other groups. (My Pcs go ping almost every second, which is annoying). The group chat would isolate and allow us to just get messages from other fleet mates. (Also you do not need a Facebook account to have messenger)
Hi,

Discord still provides safety and anonymity for players who do not wish to provide personal information to others. Facebook Messenger (even without the need for a profile) would not be suitable in light of this.

Discord so far works for us as a fantastic platform to communicate with everyone in the fleet who uses it, and is an amazing tool for fleet meetings.

If you feel like you are missing out on notifications from conversations, you should turn on the channel notifications on your mobile device.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
I have one question and some recommendations:

Task Force Ribbons: Regarding the Task Froce Ribbons, the revamp draft just states the numbers of private TFOs, but it does not mention any difficulty levels. Is it safe to assume, that the difficulty will no longer be an issue towards the completion of Task Force Ribbons?

Access to the Event Calendar: I think it would benefit the fleet greatly, if access to the Events Calendar is already granted at Commodore rank. It is my opinion, that it will greatly increase the number of events in the future.

Ribbon Bars:
1. Order: With the downsize to four categories, I suggest the following order of display in the Ribon Bar: Admiralty Recognition Awards, Fleet Holding Awards, Service Awards, General Awards.
2. Format: With only four categories to display, the format may be reconsidered. Currently we have a U.S./german mix, in which we have three ribbons per row going from top left to bottom right. There are two possibilities now on how to adapt. One would be pure U.S. (or mostly international tbh), in which you still have three ribbons per row, but the fourth one would be centered in the the row above. Or you could simplify it (in terms of coding, I guess), by adopting the german system of having four in one row. With a signature picture of 800x200 pixel, I guess like a 664x30 Ribbon bar wouldn't be too bad, would it?
3. Display of number of Awards: This just be kept the way it is, with one tiny addition. I'd like to propose that a golden Oak leaf cluster is displayed, when a category is maxed out. For show off purposes, of course. Wink
(02-04-2019, 09:54 AM)Parakema Wrote: I have one question and some recommendations:

Task Force Ribbons: Regarding the Task Froce Ribbons, the revamp draft just states the numbers of private TFOs, but it does not mention any difficulty levels. Is it safe to assume, that the difficulty will no longer be an issue towards the completion of Task Force Ribbons? When you Assume, you make an Ass out of U and Me - but yes.

Access to the Event Calendar: I think it would benefit the fleet greatly, if access to the Events Calendar is already granted at Commodore rank. It is my opinion, that it will greatly increase the number of events in the future. Point noted

Ribbon Bars:
1. Order: With the downsize to four categories, I suggest the following order of display in the Ribon Bar: Admiralty Recognition Awards, Fleet Holding Awards, Service Awards, General Awards.
2. Format: With only four categories to display, the format may be reconsidered. Currently we have a U.S./german mix, in which we have three ribbons per row going from top left to bottom right. There are two possibilities now on how to adapt. One would be pure U.S. (or mostly international tbh), in which you still have three ribbons per row, but the fourth one would be centered in the the row above. Or you could simplify it (in terms of coding, I guess), by adopting the german system of having four in one row. With a signature picture of 800x200 pixel, I guess like a 664x30 Ribbon bar wouldn't be too bad, would it?
3. Display of number of Awards: This just be kept the way it is, with one tiny addition. I'd like to propose that a golden Oak leaf cluster is displayed, when a category is maxed out. For show off purposes, of course. ;Wink I'll let Attilio get back to you on that one as it's a coding matter rather than anything else 
No difficulty restrictions on the TFOs? That is awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.
Also, thank you for teaching me something new regarding "assume". Didn't know that one yet.  Big Grin
(02-04-2019, 11:52 AM)Parakema Wrote: No difficulty restrictions on the TFOs? That is awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.
Also, thank you for teaching me something new regarding "assume". Didn't know that one yet.  Big Grin

I have a plan for the ribbon bar which I haven't even discussed with the Admiralty yet because I'm not even sure how it would look/work.

EDIT: Just one quick note. There's a chance when we go live with this the bar won't be available. I am of course working hard trying to get everything done, but that's low on the list. I'd much rather get the important functionality for earning awards/promotions completed.

Moving to Fleet Discussions since it is now a public area.

Quick question, are the commendations earned currently going away? That is to say, will my current ribbons change?