STO Academy Armada - Revamp
This is all very interesting. I will be watching to see how it plays out once it is implimented.
I have one additional recommendation regarding the Expedition Ribbons.
How about adding spotlighted (spotlit?) Foundry missions to the mix? Since playing them once a day grant you 1440 Dilithium Ore, playing those together may make the effort "less boring / more incentive".
(01-24-2019, 12:17 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: This is all very interesting. I will be watching to see how it plays out once it is implimented.

Any specific feedback on any of the points?
(01-24-2019, 09:39 AM)James Wrote: Any specific feedback on any of the points?
I have read through them several times now and like most every thing you are doing. I am a little disappointed in the reduction in commendations. I personally enjoyed working toward earning these. The only hurdle I could not get over here was assembling of the 5 member fleet team required to acquire many of them. The new 3 member system should make these much easier.  This revamp is definitely a move in the right direction. I look forward to seeing how this works out and to what changes are made in the future.
In viewing the pending changes I got one question... will our fleet ranks be affected? It may short-change those who have sought for their rank for so long...

(01-24-2019, 12:13 PM)codius1988 Wrote: In viewing the pending changes I got one question... will our fleet ranks be affected? It may short-change those who have sought for their rank for so long...
Current fleet ranks will not be affected by this change if you do not match the criteria at implementation

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
(01-24-2019, 11:26 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: I have read through them several times now and like most every thing you are doing. I am a little disappointed in the reduction in commendations. I personally enjoyed working toward earning these. The only hurdle I could not get over here was assembling of the 5 member fleet team required to acquire many of them. The new 3 member system should make these much easier.  This revamp is definitely a move in the right direction. I look forward to seeing how this works out and to what changes are made in the future.

Thanks for the feedback Michael,

I understand what you mean about less commendations. As it stood, we had too many and using the data we have we were inclined to remove some (notably the forum commendations), add others, and change existing ones.

We are however giving this an open door approach, where if it becomes necessary to add more in the future we certainly will.

At some point we will also be adding long term goal awards (for example, higher contribution awards) that may help to fill the "void" that is left, however this is still an internal debate and any further implementation will be evidence based.
(01-24-2019, 08:49 AM)Parakema Wrote: I have one additional recommendation regarding the Expedition Ribbons.
How about adding spotlighted (spotlit?) Foundry missions to the mix? Since playing them once a day grant you 1440 Dilithium Ore, playing those together may make the effort "less boring / more incentive".

I like this idea. Definitely adds another element to it and with the variety of spotlight missions out there it could make for a better experience.

Plus the added bonus of contributing to the community and donating in groups.

This is certainly be something we will look at.
(01-23-2019, 07:14 PM)Attilio Wrote: Do you have any suggestions on how it could be more challenging? Or did our clarifications satisfy your point?

You're clarifications definitely cleared things up, very excited about these changes! I'll give additional feedback as I try them out after implementation.

Silly question: Has the Admiralty planned a Q&A session on Discord?