Here's the build's link. Now, one thing I tend to do with my builds is build around a theme, so it might be a bit of a challenge to make something useful out of this. It'd be appreciated if we could keep with it, but honestly, I think you guys know far better than me. So let me lay out what I had in mind here...
- Keeping to Starfleet canon, 'cause I'm a major nerd. Initially this meant phasers and photons, but I think I've seen them make a shift towards antiproton? I could be wrong though. Plus I've heard some reps have T6 phaser variants. This also extends to the use of the Peregrines (Which I leave in Escort mode 99% of the time), because a flight-deck that uses shuttles offensively seems... off to me. I've generally found phaser weapons and procs decent, but I know some folks swear by disruptors or plasma.
- Space role. Initially, this was a tank/DPS with some team buffs thrown in, but I worry that's doing too much where it becomes a jack-of-all-trades. I do quite like the Presidio's command seating for throwing down a rally beacon or saving a team-mate at low health, so if I had to drop one of the three roles, it'd be taking less DPS for more support ability.
- Specializations. I know that taking Commando as a secondary is a bad idea. But I'm a lazy jerk and would prefer not to swap every time I end up on a ground TFO. Command as the primary is another thing I'd want to keep, because it fits into the ground role I planned for, again a tank/support role.
- Consoles, etc. I've missed a lot of the event-restricted stuff, so anything you guys would suggest would need to come from the Z-store, Fleets or Lobi store. Sadly, I realized that too late when upgrading the build above, hence the Prolonged Engagement set. I have no clue how often the Kobayashi Maru event comes around, or if it ever will again, so let's err on the side of caution for now.
- Traits. A lot of builds I've seen from Reddit tend to sing the praises of Techie, which as a Caitian is a trait I can't get. So that one's off-limits. Otherwise, the above rule stays in effect.