Did anyone lose their cryptic account?
Okay I've tried linking and it keeps giving me this "The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account."
[Image: phoxo30_by_sailortrekkie92-d9c9w11.png]
I feel for you. When PWE first announced that everyone would be forced to link their STO accounts to PWE, I went online to do it. Unfortunately, the instructions were so contradictory and confusing that I somehow managed to create a PWE account without knowing I'd done it (It was about two or three in the morning when I finally managed to complete the link). Unfortunately, nothing on the site let me know that a link had been created and I kept getting popups saying that I had to start the linking process all over again. I spent the better part of a month getting it straightened out thanks to the fact that PWE Support relies primarily on computer generated responses that pay no attention to the question you ask them. Of the three actual responses I got from real people, two of them totally ignored my question and simply referred me to their FAQ page, which I had told them didn't answer my questions. It took a week or more to get each live response.

I recently had a similar experience when I sent some Support Tickets to Cryptic. A couple of them got answered by Cryptic Support people, but a couple of others just produced stock responses from PWE's Support Computer saying in effect, "Thank you for your input but we have no intention of trying to answer your question." It took PWE up to 14 days to get that non-answer answer back to me. Good luck with your linking problems.
I just saw your last post. That message almost certainly means that you did the same thing I did, created an account without realizing it. IF you can get someone at PWE to actually look at a Supprot Ticket (and expect it to take between a week and two weeks for that to happen), they can at least give you the username on your account (possibly also your password, but I'm not sure about that). If you remember the user name and password you used to create the PWE account, try logging in to their main website using that username and see what happens.

Also, if you tried to create a linked account using your old Cryptic user name, you can't do that. You have to create a new PWE user name, like Attilio did when he went from being "Attilio" to being "Attilio_STOA". Be careful, though, because if you create an incorrectly linked account, your e-mail address will be linked to that account and you won't be able to creat any other accounts using that e-mail address. When I finally was able to activate my Gold STO account on PWE, I had to set up a new e-mail address in order to do it because I had used my existing e-mail account to create my Silver account when F2P came out.
Okay it turns out I didn't lose my character, I just have to start a new PWE account that's all! :roll:
My linking problem is solved! thanks!, I got my lv.50 character back woot!
Glad you were able to get this resolved.
This happened to me, then it was saying my account already existed. Talked to PWE and this is what they sent me. I went through it and for my characters back.

Hello,

Our registration process has blocked you from creating a PWE account to prevent you from accidentally overwriting your information.

In order to get around this safeguard, you need to follow these specific steps to create and link your PWE account:

1. Navigate to a Cryptic game website (<!-- m -Arrow<a class="postlink" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/">http://sto.perfectworld.com/</a><!-- m -Arrow)
2. 2. Click on "Register/Login" in the upper right corner of the screen
3. 3. Enter your Cryptic login credentials
4. 4. You'll be directed to a different login page. Highlight the "Cryptic" radio button
5. 5. Enter your Cryptic User Name and password
6. 6. Next, click "No" and you will be taken through the steps to create a PWE account

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Customer Support
Cryptic Studios / Perfect World Entertainment

It worked for me anyways