Flying Blind
Huh 

How do you complete this mission? There seems to be an unlimited number of fighters that spawn and worker bees too. The worker bees seem to be invisible and the fighters fly around so fast that my shuttle has no chance of getting all 3 of them down. Was it designed to be impossible?
You're talking about Operation Gamma, Flying Blind is just a task within that mission.

Ignore the fighters, take out the worker bees first. Then take out the fighters. I think there's 3 rounds of this. The worker bees aren't invisible, just really tiny. You can use the "tab" key to flip through targets and find them if it helps, but they hang out by the nodes you need to disable.

the fighters keep destroying me while I'm getting the bee

do you need a special ship?
No, the ship doesn't matter. Its usually equipment. You could try temporarily moving your shields from your starship to your shuttle for that mission. You could also skip the mission. Either that or find someone of a higher level to play through it with you. Are you a part of our fleet (or any fleet)?

Whenever I do a shuttle mission, i always move most of my gear from my starship to my shuttle. It definitely makes a difference.

And specific to this mission, as Attilio said, kill the work bees first, then go for the fighters. I had a LOT of trouble with this one until I figured that out. It may take you a few tries, but it's definitely beatable.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
I'm shooting the worker bee and by the time I've got it dead, my shields are gone and I'm down to 35% hull then they fly into me and commit suicide to finish me off.
I always take the best of my starships gear.

Also I use Beam arrays and slot FAW with an autofire macro.

Also have a satellite equipped in devices that you can use to help you fire - it will also take some of the threat from you.

I used to have awful trouble with this mission - but the rewards are good.
It's hard to do with the Small Crafts that are provided to you for free. However, it is doable. Like it was already mentioned, take your Starship gear and place it on your Small Craft.

Live Long and Prosper
TP

P.S.: Small Crafts can be fun and there is quite some content, that you can use them with. So, you may want to consider getting a Fighter for the tactical advantage. Wink
(08-19-2018, 11:20 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: It's hard to do with the Small Crafts that are provided to you for free. However, it is doable. Like it was already mentioned, take your Starship gear and place it on your Small Craft.

Live Long and Prosper
TP

P.S.: Small Crafts can be fun and there is quite some content, that you can use them with. So, you may want to consider getting a Fighter for the tactical advantage. Wink

Yes I always use a fighter (stalker).
I have the USS Florida shuttle but I just by-passed it and moved on to the next mission. Smile