new foundry challenge
has everyone seen the new foundry contest with a T6 ship as the prize?  Good luck to all you creators!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-t...l/10983603

Yeah - pity I do not stand a chance - I have never made any foundry content ever.
Not exactly sure, but this is an attempt by the Foundry Roundtable to revive the creation of Foundry missions. The problem is that the Foundry is severely broken. It is still in beta and since Lighting 2.0 has been introduced, most maps are going to be way to dark once the mission is published.

Apparently the original programmers of the Foundry are no longer available and no one knows how to fix.

Ironically, the Foundry in Neverwinter is supposedly awesome, but is not used as much in creation of missions than its STO counterpart. Before you ask, the Neverwinter Foundry can't be imported to STO. Apparently because of the Space Maps as they worked differently than Indoor and Outdoor maps.

Honestly, Expansion No. 6 after the "Age of Discovery" should be "The Foundry Reborn". Big Grin
[Image: ribbons.png]
(08-18-2018, 08:11 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: Not exactly sure, but this is an attempt by the Foundry Roundtable to revive the creation of Foundry missions. The problem is that the Foundry is severely broken. It is still in beta and since Lighting 2.0 has been introduced, most maps are going to be way to dark once the mission is published.

Apparently the original programmers of the Foundry are no longer available and no one knows how to fix.

Ironically, the Foundry in Neverwinter is supposedly awesome, but is not used as much in creation of missions than its STO counterpart. Before you ask, the Neverwinter Foundry can't be imported to STO. Apparently because of the Space Maps as they worked differently than Indoor and Outdoor maps.

Honestly, Expansion No. 6 after the "Age of Discovery" should be "The Foundry Reborn". Big Grin

Even with all the quirks... it seems like a pretty cool chance to score a T6 ship for those who have the creative gene. As for me I make awesome stick figures, but my skills end there.