It has returned...
Hello there! Smile

Let's have some fun with the crystalline entity event! Starfleet

Please click me for further information

See you in space! Live Long and Prosper
@wassermann1980 / @wassermann80
STO Academy Omega / STO Academy
Captain
Man, I am jacked up to try it out. I like the event set up and hope it makes its way into the game permanently for the que.
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
(08-16-2018, 07:37 PM)dudeorama Wrote: Man, I am jacked up to try it out.  I like the event set up and hope it makes its way into the game permanently for the que.

It already is a permanent queue, but every now and then there's a special event going on like now for the next 14 days.

I have played this for a few times together with my girlfriend tonight. They have made this mission a little bit harder and more challenging, I guess. Personally I like that. When it's absorbing damage (66%/33%) it really is immune now and you have to watch out and pay attention not to be blown into bits and pieces. I managed to die twice on "normal" difficulty... yeah, shame on me!  Tongue

Additionally there is be a 10s countdown (I think?) once you've warped in. Every captain with fighters on board that can be launched will be grateful for that!

Have fun and good luck!  Live Long and Prosper
Captain
Been enjoying the changes. The new visible marker for the energy burst is a big improvement, and makes timing perfect "Rock and Rolls" from the Pilot Spec even more fun!
Risa 2017 Fleet Hide and Seek Champion
(08-19-2018, 07:29 PM)RWJP Wrote: [...]The new visible marker for the energy burst is a big improvement[...]
That's a great improvement indeed! Nevertheless, I see lots of people die who neither just don't fly away from the giant snowflake nor stop firing at it once it starts absorbing... Picard Facepalm
Captain
(08-20-2018, 09:50 AM)WatermanRS Wrote: That's a great improvement indeed! Nevertheless, I see lots of people die who neither just don't fly away from the giant snowflake nor stop firing at it once it starts absorbing... Picard Facepalm
That's because people didn't read the Dev blog. Prior to the changes, depending on your build, you could continue to fire and survive the blast from the CC at point blank range.
(08-20-2018, 10:30 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: That's because people didn't read the Dev blog. Prior to the changes, depending on your build, you could continue to fire and survive the blast from the CC at point blank range.

Of course, expecting most people to read the Dev Blog is expecting a little too much!  Picard Facepalm
Risa 2017 Fleet Hide and Seek Champion
Finding out about new stuff in STO? Madness!!
(08-20-2018, 04:31 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Finding out about new stuff in STO? Madness!!

What, me worry?

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-20-2018, 04:31 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Finding out about new stuff in STO? Madness!!

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA! Oh wait... Angel
Captain