Picard is Returning!
(08-09-2018, 06:48 PM)Attilio Wrote: He could be an Ambassador travelling from planet to planet doing diplomatic shit.
According to "The Needs of the Many" (which actually is canon), Picard did exactly that. Well, maybe not exactly, but he was the Federation's Ambassador to Vulcan from 2385 to 2402.
Yup, and the Picard series takes place roughly in 2399. So it falls perfectly in that range. That book was a fun read.

Captain Riker maybe? Now i'm out here thinking too much lol
(08-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Mal Wrote: Captain Riker maybe? Now i'm out here thinking too much lol
By that time it would be Admiral Riker - even better!

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

I hope that Picard will continue to dish out the optimism for the future and betterment of mankind that we've seen in TNG. Some of his monologues are still inspiring and rather important to understand today! This speech always gives me pause for thought!

Bel you are very correct, the character was a very wise one, and Sir Patrick Stewart makes the character even better. What if Picard became President of the UFP? That would be cool, he's the man for the job, I think..
(08-10-2018, 08:04 PM)Mal Wrote: Bel you are very correct, the character was a very wise one, and Sir Patrick Stewart makes the character even better. What if Picard became President of the UFP? That would be cool, he's the man for the job, I think..
All canon completely out the window there lol. First he would have to be on the Federation Council, and I don't think he goes on to that

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Well, Archer was Federation president. And to be perfectly honest, I think Picard is even more qualified. Never say never. Besides so much of the canon has gone out the window already anyway.
You realise that if Picard is leading the Fereration, this could lead to him having to deal with the Grand Nagus... Now that is scene I'd like to see... Throw in some Q as well and I'll happily watch that all day!

Ooo! Imagine Picard trying to organise a conference, well aware that Q has popped in for one of his little visits, and trying to stop him, whilst also thwarting Roms plans as well. We can throw a subplot of Geordi having a drink with O'Brian and B'leana too... I mean between them they've practically rewritten the Federation technical manual!