Be prepared for the new Fleet Signature Maker
At the last Fleet meeting as well as in the Fleet mail of July 30th, it was announced that we get a new Fleet Signature Maker.

The Sig maker will create a Signature that is wider and a little bit higher than it was before. You are allowed to add a picture of your character. The center of the Signature is no longer cluttered with information, which results in an overall awesome appearance.

Here is an example, that Attilio showed us in the Fleet meeting. (Click to View)

You need to make a screenshot of your character in front of a green screen, so that your picture can be automatically included. The Boss has prepared two foundry missions for that purpose (1 for Feds, 1 for KDF). Here is what you need to do:
  1. Go to the Drozana system but stay in Sector space upon arrival
  2. Press the J key and then click on the Foundry tab
  3. Now click on the Review Content bar on the left and search for "Green Screen". There may be a few. Pick the one that is listed as "By attilio_stoa".
  4. When you got the mission, you get the option "Take Pictures" in Sector space. Click on it to get to the Green Screen.
  5. Use the Rally Point Marker to get your BOFFs away from you.
  6. Select the Option to enable the Green Screen. The Green Screen comes up and the mission will be automatically completed, but you will stay on the map.
  7. Now close in on your character and select the desired camera angle.
  8. If necessary, choose the desired outfit by right-clicking on your Avatar and selecting "Change Outfit". Any outfit can be used except for those that contain Risian Wet wear parts. So no Bikinis.
  9. Increase the resolution / quality by entering the chat command "/renderscale 2".
  10. Take the screenshot by entering the chat command "/screenshot_jpg <filename>.jpg". This will save the screen without the User interface in STO's default screenshot folder. You can add a path to the filename, if you want it saved elsewhere on your computer.
  11. You may now take more pictures or leave the map. Before you leave, return to the original resolution by entering the chat command "/renderscale 1".
You may now leave the Map or change to other outfits and take more pictures. Ultimately use your screenshots in the new Fleet Signature Maker. Its use is very intuitive. Believe me, taking the screenshots in front of a green screen was the complicated part. Wink

EDIT: I had some Foundry missions done for you, so that you can take undisturbed screenshots of your Starships. Unfortunately, the lighting on those foundry missions breaks when they are published and become too dark. I tried to compensate with workarounds offered by the community, but it still is too dark. So I took them done. Sorry.

Live Long and Prosper
TP
Just a heads up that the missions might not be showing up in the foundry list. If you're a foundry reviewer (which I think anyone can be by clicking the button) please play the mission and review it so it'll show up in the mission list.

I did the mission on my Fed following the instructions above but was never able to find any "green screen" any where. Is there a specific location on Drozana to find?
(08-02-2018, 01:20 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: I did the mission on my Fed following the instructions above but was never able to find any "green screen" any where. Is there a specific location on Drozana to find?
Revisit the OP and check points 1 through 4. Wink

sent from TP's Communicator
(08-02-2018, 01:23 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Revisit the OP and check points 1 through 4. Wink

sent from TP's Communicator

I will have to try again. I do not remember getting a "take picture" option of any type. I will drop the mission and pick it up again to see what happens.
(08-02-2018, 01:27 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: I will have to try again. I do not remember getting a "take picture" option of any type. I will drop the mission and pick it up again to see what happens.

Did you pick up my mission or the other one? There's another green screen mission that someone else created. I think I named it Green Screen UFP (or KDF for klingons)

(08-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Attilio Wrote: Did you pick up my mission or the other one? There's another green screen mission that someone else created. I think I named it Green Screen UFP (or KDF for klingons)

I am sure it was yours. It had you handle as the creator. I will take another stab at it tonight and see how it goes.
It's in sector space at the same point as you would beam into the drozana space map.
(08-03-2018, 06:09 AM)Trudard Wrote: It's in sector space at the same point as you would beam into the drozana space map.

I finally realized this when I returned to Drozana to give it another try. I was able to complete the mission and access the green screen holodeck.