The Sig maker will create a Signature that is wider and a little bit higher than it was before. You are allowed to add a picture of your character. The center of the Signature is no longer cluttered with information, which results in an overall awesome appearance.
You need to make a screenshot of your character in front of a green screen, so that your picture can be automatically included. The Boss has prepared two foundry missions for that purpose (1 for Feds, 1 for KDF). Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Drozana system but stay in Sector space upon arrival
- Press the J key and then click on the Foundry tab
- Now click on the Review Content bar on the left and search for "Green Screen". There may be a few. Pick the one that is listed as "By attilio_stoa".
- When you got the mission, you get the option "Take Pictures" in Sector space. Click on it to get to the Green Screen.
- Use the Rally Point Marker to get your BOFFs away from you.
- Select the Option to enable the Green Screen. The Green Screen comes up and the mission will be automatically completed, but you will stay on the map.
- Now close in on your character and select the desired camera angle.
- If necessary, choose the desired outfit by right-clicking on your Avatar and selecting "Change Outfit". Any outfit can be used except for those that contain Risian Wet wear parts. So no Bikinis.
- Increase the resolution / quality by entering the chat command "/renderscale 2".
- Take the screenshot by entering the chat command "/screenshot_jpg <filename>.jpg". This will save the screen without the User interface in STO's default screenshot folder. You can add a path to the filename, if you want it saved elsewhere on your computer.
- You may now take more pictures or leave the map. Before you leave, return to the original resolution by entering the chat command "/renderscale 1".
EDIT: I had some Foundry missions done for you, so that you can take undisturbed screenshots of your Starships. Unfortunately, the lighting on those foundry missions breaks when they are published and become too dark. I tried to compensate with workarounds offered by the community, but it still is too dark. So I took them done. Sorry.