Colony Naming
I promised that we would name the colonies the same way we did with our other holdings so let's get it done! Smile There's a total of eight colonies we have to name.

If you have any name ideas for the colonies please submit them in this thread.

Colonia Resoncilia

Just my suggestion
While perusing Google for ideas, I discovered that the word colony is actually derived from the ancient Roman term colonia, so I thought why not use names of ancient Roman colonies that eventually became some well-known cities in Europe? Here are a few suggestions:

Lutetia Parisiorum - Paris, France
Iuvavum - Salzburg, Austria
Turicum - Zurich, Switzerland
Bonna - Bonn, Germany
Faventia Paterna Barcino - Barcelona, Spain
Mancunium - Manchester, UK (City Till I Die!)
Nida - Frankfurt, Germany
Andautonia - Zagreb, Croatia
Venetiae - Venice, Italy
Aquincum - Budapest, Hungary
Cannstatt Castrum - Stuttgart, Germany
Eboracum - York, UK
Lugdunum - Lyon, France
Iulia Romula Hispalis - Seville, Spain
Colonia Agrippina - Cologne, Germany
Londinium - London, UK

I used this Wikipedia page as my source.
Why not name the colony after reconciliation efforts by the Lulari and the Kentari...?

That is why I suggest one name Colonia Resoncilia which I hope would be the basis for the names of the rest of the Armada's colonies...
This is just an idea thread for everyone. We'll figure out the actual names later. Afterall, we have eight colonies to name Smile

Here are my recommendations for the Legion Colony:
  • New Rura Penthe
  • Chu' chal (New Heaven)
  • nuch HeD (Cowards Retreat)

(03-26-2018, 04:30 AM)dammitjim76 Wrote: Colonia Agrippina - Cologne, Germany
Oh please, for the love of god, everything but that one. You just invite all german fleet members to party too hard at that Colony singing "Viva Colonia" and driving everybody insane.
(03-26-2018, 03:36 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Here are my recommendations for the Legion Colony:
  • New Rura Penthe
  • Chu' chal (New Heaven)
  • nuch HeD (Cowards Retreat)

Oh please, for the love of god, everything but that one. You just invite all german fleet members to party too hard at that Colony singing "Viva Colonia" and driving everybody insane.

After listening to this, I am inclined to definitely make this a name
(03-26-2018, 04:30 AM)dammitjim76 Wrote: While perusing Google for ideas, I discovered that the word colony is actually derived from the ancient Roman term colonia, so I thought why not use names of ancient Roman colonies that eventually became some well-known cities in Europe? Here are a few suggestions:

That's a bit Romulan, isn't it? Wink

If we go that route, then there's Colonia Academia, Legionis, Militiae, Fraternitatem, etc. (Google translated, I haven't studied Latin for decades)

Other possible naming paths : Scientists, philosophers, heroes/explorers/captains (Archer got a planet), Bacon Production Facility 1,2,3...
Hello everybody,
maybe many will not like my suggestion for the name of the colony.
The 14 of March, the PI day, a great scientist left us.
You know who I am speaking of. Stephen Hawking.
In his honor I would suggest to call the colony:
Hawking or maybe Hawking colony.
I'm not a native English speaker. I make mistakes when I write in this language.
Bacon Production Facility! hahaha I love it

I really like the idea of naming one of the colonies after Stephen Hawking. I think there's a good chance we'll do that.

And of course Colonia Agrippina just to bother TP Tongue I'm glad James agrees lol