Klingon Glory Week Events (hosted by TP)
(03-28-2018, 10:13 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: I am disappointed to hear that but fully understand where you're coming from. I was personally excited for each and every event you had planned. I chewed a few members out a little bit after you logged off yesterday. You know that if you ever need another brave warrior to fight by your side, I will be there. Thank you for making the effort. I had a great time on the one day that was successful.

There's no need to "chew out" any members for not participating. These fleet events aren't mandatory, and nobody is ever forced to participate in anything they don't want to. While it is disappointing, let's not upbraid anyone for not joining in.
(03-29-2018, 04:07 AM)dammitjim76 Wrote: There's no need to "chew out" any members for not participating. These fleet events aren't mandatory, and nobody is ever forced to participate in anything they don't want to. While it is disappointing, let's not upbraid anyone for not joining in.
Don't worry. It's not as bad as I made it sound. Nobody got butt hurt or any thing. We did have a lot more interest the following day but I had to inform them TP had already cancelled the two remaining events. Maybe next time around there will more people ready to join in. That's if TP ever plans any more organized events like this. Hopefully this hasn't discouraged him to that point.
(03-29-2018, 01:26 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: That's if TP ever plans any more organized events like this. Hopefully this hasn't discouraged him to that point.
Rather doubtful at this point. My experience is that very few Fleet members actually read these forums. When I show up early to remind everyone of the Event in chat by posting the link to the event thread, they still do not read the forums. This still even applies when I announced that the "Assembly timer" runs out in X minutes. I am also sick and tired of "begging for participation". And then when I cancel the event, there are suddenly entries in chat like "Waaaaaat?". Honestly, if the Fleet members do not care to join such events, why shall I care to organize any events in the future again? It's too disappointing and I do not like my time to be wasted.

Let others organize some events for a change. Oh, wait....