"Investigate Officer Reports" in Season 7
It's almost not worth making each survey mission 20 minutes long. Instead I could combine all 3 together and flesh out the story a bit.

Think of it as a challenge. Smile

I'll will do one happening on ESD. Then together with "Wormhole Paradox" and a revised "Survey", we will have 3 missions for the Fleet to use in "Investigate Officer Reports".
You'll have plenty more. I do have a few more missions in progress, I've just been waiting for Season 7 so Ican finish and release them.

Attilio Wrote:You'll have plenty more. I do have a few more missions in progress, I've just been waiting for Season 7 so Ican finish and release them.

Yay! Problem solved. Smile
The problem with the "Twenty Minute Rule" is that most Foundry Missions don't list their playing time. I tried the one Foundry Mission that was on Tribble last Saturday and it took four hours to complete. It almost cost me the chance to level up my Tribble Captain to Vice Admiral. As it was, I stayed up until one a.m. two nights in a row just to make sure I finished. (Good thing I did, because by the next time I was able to go online, Season 7 had started and my toon wouldn't have made VA in time for whatever rewards, if any, that go with taking a character to VA during the Tribble test.) I'm almost unhappy enough with the current Dilithium situation to join the proposed STO boycott on November 24 and 25.
I did a custom search for Mission with a duration between 20 and 30 minutes. Thus leads to me doing the following missions today:

Cadets in Trouble v2
Conspirators
Target Practice at Range 105

Since there was no indicated duration within the descriptions, I guess the Foundry calculates the duration somehow.
Warburton1881 Wrote:The problem with the "Twenty Minute Rule" is that most Foundry Missions don't list their playing time. I tried the one Foundry Mission that was on Tribble last Saturday and it took four hours to complete. It almost cost me the chance to level up my Tribble Captain to Vice Admiral. As it was, I stayed up until one a.m. two nights in a row just to make sure I finished. (Good thing I did, because by the next time I was able to go online, Season 7 had started and my toon wouldn't have made VA in time for whatever rewards, if any, that go with taking a character to VA during the Tribble test.) I'm almost unhappy enough with the current Dilithium situation to join the proposed STO boycott on November 24 and 25.

There were no rewards for getting a toon to VA this past Tribble test weekend. All that needed to be done was play for 1 hour.

In any case, I do agree that Foundry authors should put an estimate on how long it takes to play. The good thing is that now Foundry missions say at the top of the description whether or not they will count towards Investigate Officer Reports.

pmarquardt Wrote:... Since there was no indicated duration within the descriptions, I guess the Foundry calculates the duration somehow.

It does, but I have no idea how. Probably based on the number of objectives and maps.