Can we develop a "Starfleet Corps of Engineers Specialized DOff System"?
To break the monotony of Starship mastery (and snatching up certain star ships JUST for their mastery alone), I think Starship Mastery should include the recruiting of "Specialized Starfleet Corp of Engineers DOffs" for a new "Starship Mastery System" for the use of an "R&D/Admiralty-DOff assignment" type of system that requires the use of certain DOffs that "specialize" in that type of mastery, (Intel, Command, Temporal, etc; and type of ship- tac, sci, engineering, etc... -and the "earning" of Starship Mastery with an "implemented" system that is similar to doing R&D/DOff-Admiralty assignments with a UI layout similar to the fleet holdings UI and would consist of assignments, R&D developed ship components and resource gathering relating to the use and development of that ship's mastery). For example: Enginering and Science R&D duty officers assist in the earning of Starship Mastery with a point system similar to the R&D system but would also offer extra perks similar to doing fleet holdings, or duty officer/admiralty assignments, and would also include the use of "special" Duty Officers as well- like the Aegis doff to whereas having the Aegis doff on your account would allow you to unlock a "special" ability- provided that the "toon" that has the Aegis DOff has reached level 20 R&D in order to use the Aegis doff in that way (or mabe in addition to a special console or weapons "proc" directly related to that ship's Mastery trait- also "exclusive" to THAT actual ship being mastered,( irrelevant if you have more than one of that particular ship) opening up the potential to build more than one ship of that type with a different type of "special ability/proc" that correlates with that starship's mastery, making each build personal and unique)..... it's a way of playing around with showing how well the Starfleet Corps of Engineers are at ship building! This might also open up the invention of "specialization doffs" to be able to make use of Intel, Temporal Op, Miracle Worker, Command, and Pilot specializations, Etc.. (like a "Starfleet Corps of Engineers DOff System" that allows you to earn "Starship Mastery specialization points" for these doff's to increase their skill/value level raising them from say Rare to Epic raising their ability with each ship you build and "master" alowing them to also potentially become an "Aegis Starfleet Corps of Engineers DOff", or something of that respect).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!! Â (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and ProsperÂ
INteresting. I would love to see them expand the system with something like this.
this could be implemented by requiring such officers for the re-engineering prompt in addition to the current requirements, where a higher ranking doff means much better chance of hitting that meta roll.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(04-24-2018, 05:22 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: this could be implemented by requiring such officers for the re-engineering prompt in addition to the current requirements, where a higher ranking doff means much better chance of hitting that meta roll.
Aaaand....also be able to make unique customized ship components and consoles.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!! Â (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and ProsperÂ
I don't know..... seems to me if  that was implemented, much of cryptic's ability to get players to spend zen ($) on ships would be diminished, and i don't really see that happening.

I thought that slightly, but then thought of the possible increase of fleet ship module sales on the C-Store....
(05-03-2018, 03:50 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: I don't know..... seems to me if  that was implemented, much of cryptic's ability to get players to spend zen ($) on ships would be diminished, and i don't really see that happening.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk