Skill planer upload for advisement.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/71daf...4f6b394d62

Here is my current state of progress. I only have my ship entered so far. I am looking to build a ship that is strong with good survive-ability in battle. I welcome any advice experienced builder have to offer.
I have had a look at your build.

I ahve a few questions, what are you wanting to get out of it - looks like you are heading towards a torp boat? - Not my area so I can not advise.

But some general rules that might help :

1) Stick to one damage type (essential for energy weapons - might not be so with torp builds).
2) Arc type weapons that have 360 should be at the rear - i.e. the turret - though turrets should only be used with cannons (their dmg is very limited) - personally starting out I would stick with beam arrays and omni/beam arrays rear with a couple of good torps - but that is my personal preference more than anything.
3) Get set bonuses - i notice you have at least one console that come as a set - it is best to try to have at least two if not all three of those items. (esp the matock set is very good)

Ideally you want to work towards getting rep set items Iconion space is still good though I have heard that combinations with other rep items is preferable. Short term there are a number of missions that provide very good items some of which are usable at end game (future proof arc has both ground and space sets - both are very good)

I hope that helps once you have a build decided upon then look to duty officers - they are as important as the rest of the build!
Moved to Share and Review builds
(09-12-2017, 04:23 PM)Trudard Wrote: I have had a look at your build.

I ahve a few questions, what are you wanting to get out of it - looks like you are heading towards a torp boat? - Not my area so I can not advise.

But some general rules that might help :

1) Stick to one damage type (essential for energy weapons - might not be so with torp builds).
2) Arc type weapons that have 360 should be at the rear - i.e. the turret - though turrets should only be used with cannons (their dmg is very limited) - personally starting out I would stick with beam arrays and omni/beam arrays rear with a couple of good torps - but that is my personal preference more than anything.
3) Get set bonuses - i notice you have at least one console that come as a set - it is best to try to have at least two if not all three of those items. (esp the matock set is very good)

Ideally you want to work towards getting rep set items Iconion space is still good though I have heard that combinations with other rep items is preferable. Short term there are a number of missions that provide very good items some of which are usable at end game (future proof arc has both ground and space sets - both are very good)

I hope that helps once you have a build decided upon then look to duty officers - they are as important as the rest of the build!
That is all very helpful info. I appreciate the advice. Thank you.