equiping crafted omni's
(08-17-2017, 03:48 AM)TacPaddy Wrote:
  • Ancient Omini-Directional Antiproton Beam Array (from "Sphere of Influence")
  • Omni-Directional Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Beam Array (from "Butterfly")
  • Omni-Directional Chronometric Polaron Beam Array (from "Time and Tide")
  • Omni-Directional Tetryon Support Beam Array (from Competitive Wargames Reputation, pretty much only useful in PvP, if at all)
  • House Martok Disruptor 360-Degree Energy Weapon (from "Brushfire")
So far, we "only" miss a second Omni-Directional Phaser and Plasma Beam. Pretty sure that those will come. By the way, there is a very VERY small chance, that you got an Omni-Directional Beam from the Lock Box Weapons.

Unfortunately, we are still unable to build a ship with all one type of omni. Yes you can do it with turrets, but it's not the same.

(08-17-2017, 03:48 AM)TacPaddy Wrote:
  • Ancient Omini-Directional Antiproton Beam Array (from "Sphere of Influence")
  • Omni-Directional Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Beam Array (from "Butterfly")
  • Omni-Directional Chronometric Polaron Beam Array (from "Time and Tide")
  • Omni-Directional Tetryon Support Beam Array (from Competitive Wargames Reputation, pretty much only useful in PvP, if at all)
  • House Martok Disruptor 360-Degree Energy Weapon (from "Brushfire")
So far, we "only" miss a second Omni-Directional Phaser and Plasma Beam. Pretty sure that those will come. By the way, there is a very VERY small chance, that you got an Omni-Directional Beam from the Lock Box Weapons.
Phaser is the one in the box... and expensive AF too.
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omni-Direction...Beam_Array

so only the plasma is missing... would've thought it would of been in the corrosive set... too bad they never made xenotech disruptor/phaser/plasma omnis for K-13 that would've given an extra proc we could only get on polaron, tetryon, or chroniton damage types.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
apparently, you can only equip ONE omni of any type on a ship at a time.  I tried equipping a second mission reward omni on a ship (different omni from first equipped one) and got the frustrating "can only equip one.... " message.

I have the kinetic mattok and crafted omni all equipped for dis dmg. Not tried ap variants though.
(09-13-2017, 07:03 AM)Trudard Wrote: I have the kinetic mattok and crafted omni all equipped for dis dmg. Not tried ap variants though.

it doesn't work with the house martok disruptor and an omni-antichroniton infused tetryon array. there may be some kind of exception when equipping a crafted omni, but so far, when it comes to equipping mission reward omnis, no dice.

You can equip one crafted Omni and one non-crafted omni of the same Energy type. I've done that with the AP, Tetryon and Disruptor variants so far.
The Kinetic Cutting Beam does not count as energy damage, so you can equip that one as well.
(09-15-2017, 03:59 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: You can equip one crafted Omni and one non-crafted omni of the same Energy type. I've done that with the AP, Tetryon and Disruptor variants so far.
The Kinetic Cutting Beam does count as energy damage, so you can equip that one as well.

they need to change that. If you want to equip all omni's you should be able to

(09-17-2017, 03:34 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: they need to change that. If you want to equip all omni's you should be able to

I seem to recall a discussion from long ago when omnis first came out that they were able to do that, but the devs quickly put a stop to that when everyone was getting insane dps by running with just omnis since the targets would always be in the firing arc for all eight slots.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(09-18-2017, 06:33 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: I seem to recall a discussion from long ago when omnis first came out that they were able to do that, but the devs quickly put a stop to that when everyone was getting insane dps by running with just omnis since the targets would always be in the firing arc for all eight slots.

The same goes for turrets to I believe....they all have 360 firing arcs don't they? So it makes you wonder why they would nerf omni's like that but leave turrets alone.

(09-23-2017, 02:14 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: The same goes for turrets to I believe....they all have 360 firing arcs don't they? So it makes you wonder why they would nerf omni's like that but leave turrets alone.

Turrets seem to be far weaker in terms of dps output.