STO News from ST:LV Convention
So a few big announcements about the future of STO have been made at the annual Star Trek: Las Vegas convention.

Yay!: LaVar Burton is coming to STO as Geordi LaForge!

Boo!: ANOTHER FLEET HOLDING. Wasn't K-13 enough?

Wait, what?: A Dominion-related event this summer? Could be interesting.
The Trailer for Season 14 is interesting. Looking forward for a new planetary Fleet holding. Also looking forward to the new primary Specialization. Finally something I can invest my 29 surplus Spec points into.

However, the Teaser at the end blew my mind: "Victory is Life. Summer 2018". Will we finally get an expansion that gets us into the Gamma Quadrant? Will we even get a new playable faction? Hopefully one that can be played alone? I can wait for details...
(08-03-2017, 06:48 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: The Trailer for Season 14 is interesting. Looking forward for a new planetary Fleet holding. Also looking forward to the new primary Specialization. Finally something I can invest my 29 surplus Spec points into.

However, the Teaser at the end blew my mind: "Victory is Life. Summer 2018". Will we finally get an expansion that gets us into the Gamma Quadrant. Will we even get a new playable faction? Hopefully one that can be played alone? I can wait for details...

I haven't seen anything yet though this has me excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The end of the video has me very very excited - bringing back the dominion is a bold move but an awesome one.  Really hoping it will mean access to the Gamma Quadrant even if to start off it is only the size of the Delta map.  

So many possibilities they could follow through on if they did.  However, having massively expanded the Alpha Quadrant and left must of it pretty empty in terms of missions and anything to do (and doff assignments) I sadly suspect we won't be going to the Gamma Quad (but hope I am wrong)

A
(08-10-2017, 03:30 PM)revdadam Wrote: The end of the video has me very very excited - bringing back the dominion is a bold move but an awesome one.  Really hoping it will mean access to the Gamma Quadrant even if to start off it is only the size of the Delta map.  

So many possibilities they could follow through on if they did.  However, having massively expanded the Alpha Quadrant and left must of it pretty empty in terms of missions and anything to do (and doff assignments) I sadly suspect we won't be going to the Gamma Quad (but hope I am wrong)

A

I'm hoping it means a redesigned DS9 lol
(08-10-2017, 03:30 PM)revdadam Wrote: The end of the video has me very very excited - bringing back the dominion is a bold move but an awesome one.  Really hoping it will mean access to the Gamma Quadrant even if to start off it is only the size of the Delta map.  

A

^ What he said. Would be good but I think its more likely an invasion from the gamma in some form or other and as a result we some how get a planetary base holding. But saying that the base could form
a staging ground for Gamma Invasion in the future???????) - Okay that is so very unlikely but you never know.
(08-10-2017, 03:41 PM)James Wrote: I'm hoping it means a redesigned DS9 lol

as in a proper true to Canon sized station, since STO is more true to canon than STD lol

as for a Gamma Invasion, what if its not the Dominion invading through the wormhole again, but rather the founders looking for a return of favors from the Iconian War (thanks to Sela) and We go help them against a previously unknown enemy to us, ergo learning the full depth of what their "Victory is Life" motto really means to the Dominion???

or we could finally get a head-on conflict with the Dominion vs Borg... and more Worf and Leeta lines too with Sela...
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(08-17-2017, 05:38 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: as in a proper true to Canon sized station, since STO is more true to canon than STD lol

as for a Gamma Invasion, what if its not the Dominion invading through the wormhole again, but rather the founders looking for a return of favors from the Iconian War and We go help them against a previously unknown enemy to us, ergo learning the full depth of what their "Victory is Life" motto really means to the Dominion???
It's just an old af map and it needs brought up to scratch lol. A proper nap would be great!

In all fairness, they have free reign to do what they want with that era, just like STO has with this era. I'm sure it will be a fine addition to trek!

Very hard to speculate I guess! Going to be very interesting!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk