Ribbon Bar Generator broken?
Yay, it works again. Thanks Boss.
appears it's broken again for my name... clearing cache and reloading didn't work. was like that last month too. no rush.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
Check now

still broke, even re-reset the cache, relogged, and restarted... sometimes i despise chrome lol
Just tried a trick to disable image caching in Chrome by using the incognito/private mode, didn't work either.

i also didn't notice it at first but looking back at the screenshot i posted from the first time this happened in July, there are even LESS stars on the ribbon than before... quite weird! im wondering if that could be a clue to what's wrong...
(12-07-2017, 05:29 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: i also didn't notice it at first but looking back at the screenshot i posted from the first time this happened in July, there are even LESS stars on the ribbon than before... quite weird! im wondering if that could be a clue to what's wrong...
Be aware, that when the proper Ribbons are restored, that the actual display of Stars on them may be off. The old system displayed up to 8 Commendations per Ribbon. This has been changed to up to 10 Commendations now:
  • 1st Commendation = 1 Bronze Star
  • 2nd Commendation = 2 Bronze Stars
  • 3rd Commendation = 3 Bronze Stars
  • 4th Commendation = 1 Silver Star
  • 5th Commendation = 2 Silver Stars
  • 6th Commendation = 3 Silver Stars
  • 7th Commendation = 1 Gold Star
  • 8th Commendation = 2 Gold Stars
  • 9th Commendation = 3 Gold Stars
  • 10th Commendation = 4 Gold Stars

That said, I just noticed I lost one Star on the Fleet Development Commendation Ribbon after retiring two unused Toons from the fleet. The Database now shows me an uncompleted United Development Award Second Class, which I already had. Maybe the Database could check, if Commendations were already awarded before replacing some values in it. And yes, I know that it wouldn't have happened, if we still had the Gateway. Wink
It's really odd. If I trigger the script to update just one handle, it works fine. Akima I did see more ribbons yesterday when I replied. When it automatically runs for everyone, that's when it seems to break and cause issues with the ribbons. I need to dig deeper and figure out why. It's very odd.

Glad you posted the ledger Boss. I always wondered what the stars stood for.
(12-07-2017, 06:59 AM)TacPaddy Wrote:
  • 1st Commendation = 1 Bronze Star
  • 2nd Commendation = 2 Bronze Stars
  • 3rd Commendation = 3 Bronze Stars
  • 4th Commendation = 1 Silver Star
  • 5th Commendation = 2 Silver Stars
  • 6th Commendation = 3 Silver Stars
  • 7th Commendation = 1 Gold Star
  • 8th Commendation = 2 Gold Stars
  • 9th Commendation = 3 Gold Stars
  • 10th Commendation = 4 Gold Stars
ah thanks for posting that breakdown, was wondering if there were any four star ribbons...
What i meant was that when the error occurred in July, it broke after registering that i had two qualifications in the Historical Figures category, of which i can only assume is the first category the builder script reads for compilation. This time it broke after only one qualification registered, so for all i know it could be a similar but different reason for the errors. 

And yea, i hope the devs realize the Gateway had more uses than doffing and snooping pvp opponent's builds. we could use that datastream, even if it's only telemetry.
(12-07-2017, 04:53 PM)Attilio Wrote: It's really odd. If I trigger the script to update just one handle, it works fine. Akima I did see more ribbons yesterday when I replied. When it automatically runs for everyone, that's when it seems to break and cause issues with the ribbons. I need to dig deeper and figure out why. It's very odd.

Hey thanks for taking another look for this pesky bug. 
When I checked today I also noticed a duplicate handle without the hashtag(#) in the armada list... With that, the clue on where it breaks, it looking like it works on your end at the source, and my failed attempts of updating it directly via a disabled cache in privacy mode,...  it makes me wonder if there is a conflict of some sort? like maybe the duplicated handles could be like when i think i put in a period but find i used a comma instead.
Akima, good news! I figured out what went wrong. For some reason in the database two handles were listed @akimalyn#2380 and @akimalyn2380. The second one (which is obviously wrong) was overwriting the ribbon for your correct one.

I removed that entry from the database so all should be fine now.

(12-16-2017, 05:37 PM)Attilio Wrote: Akima, good news! I figured out what went wrong. For some reason in the database two handles were listed @akimalyn#2380 and @akimalyn2380. The second one (which is obviously wrong) was overwriting the ribbon for your correct one.

I removed that entry from the database so all should be fine now.

EUREKA! Big Grin  thanks again for rectifying this bug, goes to show the importance of getting our handles right when submitting reports. I hope other members with similar special characters in their handles aren't having the same problem too... but I'm sure you know what they say about 99 bugs in the code... lol  Live Long and Prosper Smile