Ribbon Bar Generator broken?
(07-02-2017, 02:07 AM)Attilio Wrote: Should be good now. Let me know if it happens again
Well, it is a full Ribbon Bar again (see OP, it has updated). That's alright. I particularly like how the retired Commendations are placed next to each other. But, shouldn't the Fleet Development Commendations Ribbon be placed between the Admiral Commendations Ribbon and the Forum Commendations Ribbon instead of being placed at the very end? Just curious.

Also, the Stars on the Fleet Development Commendations Ribbon indicate 7 awarded Commendations, while only one has been awarded yet, with 9 more are awaiting pending monthly approval. So, is that intended?
Let's just assume everything is intentional lol I didn't look at the ribbon code. All I did was add the development ones to the list. Everything else has stayed the same.

(07-02-2017, 11:59 AM)Attilio Wrote: Let's just assume everything is intentional lol I didn't look at the ribbon code. All I did was add the development ones to the list. Everything else has stayed the same.
Ah, okay. Tbh, I think that the new Fleet Development Commendations Ribbon would be nicer between Admiral and Forum Commendation Ribbon. It would then be the same order as listed on the Commendation page.
Anyway, despite assuming everything is intentional here, I'll wait updating my Ribbon Bar until the other Development Commendations have been approved. Wink
Thanks for looking into it.
Huh? Where are the Ribbon Bars now? Even after clearing the Browser cache and refreshing the site, I get this:

Odd, mine is showing up. Anyone else having an issue? Maybe I can find some pattern.

Mine is there but then again I don't have as many ribbons or stars as you guys would.  Maybe there is an issue with the length or width?
Also, the file for the Ribbon seems to be gone. When I enter the URL into the Browser (http://armada.stoacademy.com/ribbons/TacPaddystoa.png) I get a 404 error.
I guess I've been busted down... only seeing one ribbon on mine in the forum posts.

The link is correct on the armada page, but on the actual site it's just the one and not even the same ribbon- the stars are different.(why, Chrome, WHY?)

[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
Both of you clear cache and check now. I ran the ribbon update script again and that seemed to fix it. I'm not sure why the ribbons keep getting messed up though.

That seems to have worked... for now. IDK why Chrome doesn't refresh those data bits in the cache... or if it even had the ability to do so like IE... did a quick Google and apparently its a problem that's been around since 2010 LOL.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#...msvaL3NMQJ
i think ill try the suggestion to disable the cache in dev tools next time so it just loads a new file every time. but googledevs giving an answer of placing the blame on the site developer or host is typical google targ manure.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]