Ferengi Admiralty Campaign
(08-03-2017, 01:41 PM)Madman Wrote: Isn't that the truth. The game sucks you in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it doesn't so much suck you in as force you to spend if you want to be viable above level 50.

(08-04-2017, 12:59 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: it doesn't so much suck you in as force you to spend if you want to be viable above level 50.

Your point is well taken! That's so true so when they say free to play it's partially that!

Viable at what? Depending on your aims there have been cheapish ships on the exchange. Plus a 'f2p' final ship with the right equipment and strong build is better than a lobi ship with terrible gear, build (and captain!) - not to mention the event ships which are great for free.

Other than running out of space for things, I think it is very much possible to be happy with playing end game as an f2p

(08-04-2017, 04:38 AM)Monty Wrote: Viable at what? Depending on your aims there have been cheapish ships on the exchange. Plus a 'f2p' final ship with the right equipment and strong build is better than a lobi ship with terrible gear, build (and captain!) - not to mention the event ships which are great for free.

Other than running out of space for things, I think it is very much possible to be happy with playing end game as an f2p

This is very true - though you will lay in some expert PvE queues you can be fine in the advanced ones without spending real money -- subscribing for a single month then cancelling is a good way to spend very little but get great extra storage!

That said the game certainly pulls you in to spend real money - not to have fun but to just be "better" and ever improve.
Best thing I am finding about this new admiralty campaign is the Latinum -- I can now afford the trophies without spending hours say the Dabo table killing my mind with boredom!
(08-04-2017, 11:07 AM)revdadam Wrote: This is very true - though you will lay in some expert PvE queues you can be fine in the advanced ones without spending real money -- subscribing for a single month then cancelling is a good way to spend very little but get great extra storage!

That said the game certainly pulls you in to spend real money - not to have fun but to just be "better" and ever improve.

Short of maxing out your character slots, getting them to level 10, and mining dilithium on all of them to transfer between characters!

But that's the very definition of micro-managing. We used to know someone who have 10 characters doing that every day with dilithium. I don't think he needed to spend a single penny on the game.
(08-04-2017, 11:30 AM)James Wrote: Short of maxing out your character slots, getting them to level 10, and mining dilithium on all of them to transfer between characters!

But that's the very definition of micro-managing. We used to know someone who have 10 characters doing that every day with dilithium. I don't think he needed to spend a single penny on the game.

Goodness, that must have been mentally draining. I got bored after 1 hour of mining during the recent dill weekend after two days i gave up altogether as I was so bored - would be better if dill mining was automatic!
I am really enjoying this new admiralty the rewards are excellent. I recomend using this one first for anyone new or with new characters.

The fed admiralty campaign needs a serious overhaul.