Ship Size comparison
(08-14-2017, 01:50 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: Sector travel would be nice from the bridge.... don't think it would work as well in combat, but think of the visuals of slipstream drive viewed from the captain's chair!

That would be absolutely amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08-14-2017, 01:50 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: Sector travel would be nice from the bridge.... don't think it would work as well in combat, but think of the visuals of slipstream drive viewed from the captain's chair!

Aye it would require a rework of the entire gameplay setup
(08-14-2017, 04:06 PM)Trudard Wrote: Aye it would require a rework of the entire gameplay setup

Maybe, maybe not... other games have done it using remote telemetry injections. I think they *could* do it by having the character as viewed by others stay in space mode, but on the local end, your connection would be switched to ground mode, so you can run around the ship as you please... but only while stationary. However, when you sit in the captain's chair, a menu appears that will let you reactivate the "navtoposition" command via conversation with your helm officer after choosing a destination from the space map, since your space telemetry is still running to the server. They wouldn't have to do a complete redesign like they did to get to dx10+ and 3d lighting, just split the telemetry data between modes.

As for why DS9 and K-7 are 2.5x their in canon size, its because they thought it'd be "cool" to have your dreadnought spawn in the middle of the DS9 spires or look like it just exited the K-7 shuttle bay... never mind a full instance of 20+ of them in there at the same time Picard Facepalm  believe me, they got their fair share of badmouthing over it from diehard trekkies, just like the TV Execs are "Discovering" 100x over now.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(08-19-2017, 03:01 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: Maybe, maybe not... other games have done it using remote telemetry injections. I think they *could* do it by having the character as viewed by others stay in space mode, but on the local end, your connection would be switched to ground mode, so you can run around the ship as you please... but only while stationary. However, when you sit in the captain's chair, a menu appears that will let you reactivate the "navtoposition" command via conversation with your helm officer after choosing a destination from the space map, since your space telemetry is still running to the server. They wouldn't have to do a complete redesign like they did to get to dx10+ and 3d lighting, just split the telemetry data between modes.

As for why DS9 and K-7 are 2.5x their in canon size, its because they thought it'd be "cool" to have your dreadnought spawn in the middle of the DS9 spires or look like it just exited the K-7 shuttle bay... never mind a full instance of 20+ of them in there at the same time Picard Facepalm  believe me, they got their fair share of badmouthing over it from diehard trekkies, just like the TV Execs are "Discovering" 100x over now.

remember, when "experts" get hired to run things, they have to put their two cents in on everything to justify their jobs, rather than just shutting up and staying out of things so they can run their course.