Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!!
Holy cow, just announced, and starts today:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-tr...returns%21

I was hoping that it will return, but who expected it will come back so soon... I need more dil.
If you plan to buy Dil with Zen, do it now, as the prices will change fast (dil per Zen will go down!).

I compared it with the last event, and I can't find any differences. 
All prices are the same. Meaning I will end up with tons of upgrades for this months Upgrade Weekend.

As with the last time:
- All prize tokens can be shared with your other toons, or stored and used later for other/newer toons (the prize pack vendor
stays available after the event ended)
- All higher rarity tokens can be exchanged into 2 lower rarity tokens, i.e. 1 Rare = 2 uncommon.
- Each uncommon token  can be exchanged into Phoenix upgrades, which cost no Dil, and give 51200 TP (double on upgrade WE)

Ignoring Epic and UR prizes, here a list of must haves (in my opinion at least):

Very Rare: Red Matter CapacitorZefram Cochrane Shotgun (Borgs hate this). Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher
Rare: Console – Universal – Crystalline Absorption Matrix, V.S.S. Tanius – Admiralty Ship

While the V.S.S. Tanius – Admiralty Ship is also available (one of the best), I recommend not to get it, as it is the prize in the upcoming Breach Event. Only get it if you are certain you can't get it during that event.

I was wrong about that. The prize changed, so I added the card to the must have list. Apparently I read an old post about the breach.
Thanks to Akimalyn for correcting me on that.
The Red Matter Capacitor might not be a must have for every toon any more, but certainly is very useful.
I like to pop it right after flying full impulse to the enemy. This way my subsystem power levels get back up quicker.

The Zefram Cochrane Shotgun is one of the best short range Weapons. 
And because it does Kinetic damage Borgs can't adjust their shields to it.

The Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher was the first , and until the Nausicaan Torpedo, the only Energy damage Torpedo. It does not do Kinetic damage like all other Torps. Instead it does Antiproton damage, and therefore takes advantage of all +Energy Damage and +AP damage bonuses (like +AP Locator consoles). Directed Energy damage boosts do not affect it. Neither does +beam (it is still a torpedo/projectile).

The Crystalline Absorption Matrix is a decent AP damage boost console.

Do not get Combat Pets. They are not permanent, only have limited uses (which I found out too late last time...).

EDIT: I recommend to exchange every single dil you have. You literally can't lose anything by doing, as you can at least come out with a Universal Phoenix Upgrade.
I just found out that the Emergency Conn Hologram can also be obtained as a Rare reward, despite 
that it is missing from the blog announcement.
(03-02-2017, 09:54 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: I just found out that the Emergency Conn Hologram can also be obtained as a Rare reward, despite 
that it is missing from the blog announcement.

it was added a week after the first event ended in November.

it appears that the draining its intended to do is set to trigger somewhere around the magic number of 330 dil per zen, and again it follows an Upgrade weekend. so with that logic, it should be around about 3-6 times a year.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(03-02-2017, 07:50 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: While the V.S.S. Tanius – Admiralty Ship is also available (one of the best), I recommend not to get it, as it is the prize in the upcoming Breach Event. Only get it if you are certain you can't get it during that event.
EDIT: I just learned that the event only unlocks it per toon, and not account wide. It's up to you if you want to do the event 14 times for each toon to unlock it, or use a VR token to get it (also per toon). 
Just to repeat: 1 VR can be changed into 2 Rare token, and each Rare can be changed to UR. And each UR can be exchanged into Phoenix upgrades...

The Admiralty card is NOT this year's reward- its a brand new Voth Melee Weapon, the Furiadon’s Fangs. they just left the old description up to not spoil it before the kickoff.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-tr...ue-returns
(03-03-2017, 02:50 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: The Admiralty card is NOT this year's reward- its a brand new Voth Melee Weapon, the Furiadon’s Fangs. they just left the old description up to not spoil it before the kickoff.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-tr...ue-returns

what the hell did I then look at... sorry for the mis-info, will update my post
You are not the only one who thought that. I was thinking the card was part of the prize to.  Though somehow I thought i had some without the  card, but  quite a few of them do have the card.  So i don't really need to worry about that thankfully. But all of my toons could use the dill and the marks.
I plan to at least start the event on some toons, but I don't think I can finish them all.
I don't know, part of me doesn't want to do all 8 but they all do need dill and marks. But I am only doing one round with each. I find the que way too hard to deal with. Either my ship acts all speedy or doesn't move at all. Or it goes into walls and I can't get it out.  I was also tired last night so that might explain some things.
out of 51 boxes on the first run, i got 6 vr, 15 r, and 30 u...

so roughly 60%, 30%, 12%.... then maybe 5% and 2% for each chance? 

i think ill not worry about farming more dil this time and let it pass. after doing this crap nonstop for several hours a day everyday since october, from crystalline, winter, anniversary, omega, and now this, i'm ready for a nice long break (outside of the freebees) till Risa.