Doff mission %
Does anyone know how the percentages are calculated for success and critical for the Doff missions? Not the percentages seen before beginning,  but how they are calculated at completion.

The way I understand the mechanic, it is a roll system.  

So say you start off a mission with 7% critical, 68% success, 24% Failure, and 1% Disaster. 
I don't know the exact roll but say it is a roll of 1-100. 
If at completion the system rolls between 94-100 you will gain critical for the mission.  If you roll 26-93 you will score Success.  If you roll 2-25 you will score Failure. and if you roll a 1 it ends in disaster.  

The roll range changes based on the rarity of the assignment.  The more common the assignment the larger the range giving you physically more chances to roll success.  In the example you have 75 out of 100 chances to score favorably.  Again I don't know the exact range for each roll but let's say common is 1-200.  you now have a 150 of 200 chances to roll successfully.  while it is the same percentage it physically increases the possibility of success.  If we make that a rare mission and the roll is 1-50 then you have approx 38 of 50 chances to succeed.  To further illustrate the point you can choose between rolling a d20 and having to hit 11 or higher or flip a coin and get heads.  both have the same probability of success but you have the better odds with the d20 because when selecting 1 number out of 20 you have a better chance of success versus having to hit one number of 2 choices.  

Sorry for the math lesson but I hope this helps.
(02-27-2017, 07:17 PM)Filmmaster915 Wrote: The way I understand the mechanic, it is a roll system.  

So say you start off a mission with 7% critical, 68% success, 24% Failure, and 1% Disaster. 
I don't know the exact roll but say it is a roll of 1-100. 
If at completion the system rolls between 94-100 you will gain critical for the mission.  If you roll 26-93 you will score Success.  If you roll 2-25 you will score Failure. and if you roll a 1 it ends in disaster.  

The roll range changes based on the rarity of the assignment.  The more common the assignment the larger the range giving you physically more chances to roll success.  In the example you have 75 out of 100 chances to score favorably.  Again I don't know the exact range for each roll but let's say common is 1-200.  you now have a 150 of 200 chances to roll successfully.  while it is the same percentage it physically increases the possibility of success.  If we make that a rare mission and the roll is 1-50 then you have approx 38 of 50 chances to succeed.  To further illustrate the point you can choose between rolling a d20 and having to hit 11 or higher or flip a coin and get heads.  both have the same probability of success but you have the better odds with the d20 because when selecting 1 number out of 20 you have a better chance of success versus having to hit one number of 2 choices.  

Sorry for the math lesson but I hope this helps.

I figured it was something like that..... thanks for the response.