Turret Build Idea
The thing that had me questioning how useful Supremacy would be is having 8 turrets with the rapid mod and the Plasmonic Leech, not sure how much the boost from Supremacy is actually going to do.
Rapid Fire Mode, FAW and haste buffs have no effect on the Leech. 
The Leech adds a drain effect per weapon for 15 sec. 
Shooting again just reapplies the same effect. It doesn't stack each time you shoot.
Only the number of weapons and your Drain expertise skill effect the Leech.

Here an example on how to calculate the drain effect from the Plasmonic Leech:

Let's assume you have:
2 points = 100 Drain Expertise from science skill tree
2 epic embassy consoles with [DrainX] modifier, giving 37.5 drain expertise each

Total Drain Expertise skill: 175 (= 175% drain bonus)

Your Leech gives 1 power drain per weapon, plus modifier:
1 + (1*175%) = 2.75 drain per weapon

8 Weapons x 2.75 = 22 total bonus to all power setting.

As said before the effectiveness of the Leech is reliant on 2 things: number of weapons, and your drain expertise skill.
And you need 2 skill points and about 2 DrainX modifiers to reach the same effectiveness as the Supremacy trait.

Do not underestimate the influence of Power on your ship.
There is a reason why every high end build you can find - either on reddit.com/r/stobuilds or from the DPS League - has both the Leech and the Supremacy trait. 
If you want to know exactly what it influences read this: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Starship_(Power...ubsystems)
Also see this Video: EPS, the secret of DPS
The Video explains the relationship of weapon power, EPS and drain very nicely, even though the Youtuber makes one wrong assumption: FAW is not a haste (you shoot more, not faster), so it has no effect on the weapon power costs.
This has been confirmed numerous times since.
I'm thinking if I do this build it'll be better if I start a new toon for it instead of using my KDF engineer.  I'm thinking about a Rom tac with a focus on my crit chance and using crtdx3/rapid turrets.  Been looking at ships and the anniversary ship with room for 5 plasma consoles and intel seating so I can use OSS looks like a really good option, only having 2 tac consoles isn't ideal but there's enough crit boosting universal console that I can deal with it.

Another option, with the same ship, would be an EPG build that uses turrets for applying beta, kemo and disruptor debuffs and plasma damage from my science consoles.  The mods and level of my turrets wouldn't matter because all they would be used for is applying procs from abilities and consoles.
(02-14-2017, 03:28 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: I'm thinking if I do this build it'll be better if I start a new toon for it instead of using my KDF engineer.  I'm thinking about a Rom tac with a focus on my crit chance and using crtdx3/rapid turrets.  Been looking at ships and the anniversary ship with room for 5 plasma consoles and intel seating so I can use OSS looks like a really good option, only having 2 tac consoles isn't ideal but there's enough crit boosting universal console that I can deal with it.

Another option, with the same ship, would be an EPG build that uses turrets for applying beta, kemo and disruptor debuffs and plasma damage from my science consoles.  The mods and level of my turrets wouldn't matter because all they would be used for is applying procs from abilities and consoles.

You don't need to be a Romulan to get a decent Crit Chance. A Sci Ult build gives you 50% Crit chance (locked, can't be upgraded) for 30s, about every 2 min. Used correctly it will boost you stronger than the Tac Ult build, at least until you hit about 40% CritH. (plus the the other perks of the Sci Ult, like healing and armor pen).
KdF and Feds also have less problems with Power than Romulans.
Same as Engineer vs Tactical.
Romulan' Singularity Cores only give 160 Power overall, compared to 200 from Warp Cores. Cryptic used this to compensate for the Singularity powers you get on Warbirds. Warbirds also don't have access to Cruiser Commands, specifically Weapon System Efficiency, which like the EWC trait reduces weapon power drain.
And as an Engineer you have EPS Manifold, which adds another 40 power total. 
Between EPS Manifold and the Cores, that's 80 points of power difference in total. 
As a Romulan Tac I need the Supremacy trait to compensate for that, or several skill points in power management + lots of DrainX consoles (for the Leech).

I don't want to talk you out of playing a Romulan Tac. My main is exactly that, and I love it.
But you don't need to start a new toon just for the Crit Chance.
I'll post a build in a little bit but with 5 turrets and all the things I have to boost their fire rate or lower their power drain and the little bit of power that comes from the leech I think I could make this work on any toon.  My drain won't be high enough to get much more than the base one point of power per hit from the leech but my rate of fire will be high enough to make the most of what it does do.  This is actually turning into a turret version of my radiation build with the Counter-Command Ordnance set and 4 Bio-Molecular Disruptor turrets.
Why only 5 turrets? What else are you using? Make sure that there is an Energy Weapon in the first slot.
Any Weapon slotted there doesn't cost Weapon Energy, so it would be a waste to use a Torpedo in that slot.
Too bad there is not a TTFD-Turret.

As for your leech, usually every skill build should incorporate Improved Drain Expertise, effectively adding one power
drain per weapon when using the Leech. Add the space trait "inspirational leader" and you get another 45 drain expertise. These are the easiest ways to boost your Leech. Those together already boost your Leech to 2.45p/weapon.
And as you are using an Energy Weapon, you should always have embassy consoles, which could have DrainX in case you want more. Or EPG, but not all radiation is boosted by EPG.
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Damage_type_(space)#Radiation