Fleet Signtures - Fleet Meeting
Hi everyone,

On Saturday 21 January we had our monthly fleet meeting - in the meeting a question was raised about the fleet signatures and the images that could be uploaded. In the meeting I had initially said that there needed to be a common sense approach to images selected.

http://armada.stoacademy.com/signature

I wish to clarify rules surrounding the uploading of images for use in the fleet signature block:
  • Guidance for this is available on the page itself which states that images MUST be related to Star Trek. This is to be adhered too - but this does not mean that is has to be specific to Star Trek online. The list is not exhaustive as to what the images can be as long as a common sense approch is implemented (for instance, Captain Archer's dog can be used, but not a picture of Captin Archer's dog sniffing glue)
  • Images must be 500x150 pixels
If anyone has any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself - and please do not hesitate to use for signature maker either!!

J
o.O somebody did WHUT with glue?  Picard Facepalm the ship's Counselor has an opening at 4 pm... #sarcasm

I did try both signature makers when i first got here... the forum one was a bit unbalanced and the fleet one was too watermarked and utilitarian for my taste so i used the elements and made my own in photoshop... i like being unique... I am kinda due for an update to my current rank and ship... there should be an offline option for a template for people that want to go that route too... for comparison sake I'll attach the original site-made signature.

Always wondered why just 500x150 instead of wider... is that for if viewing via tapatalk/mobile? 
I'll assume that Gifs are not allowed in the sig box either...
Where did the medals go? I think the medals would be a good option to have too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
This only really matters if you're going to be using the fleet signature - we of course won't ever force anyone to use it (we are physically weak and can't do it anyway).

As for the pixels, not a question I can answer, that would more be one for Attilio!

The medals option is still there if you follow:

http://armada.stoacademy.com/commendations (make sure you're signed in) > My Commendations.

You should see a link to copy the forum code and a direct link
(01-25-2017, 10:08 AM)Jstagg Wrote: This only really matters if you're going to be using the fleet signature - we of course won't ever force anyone to use it (we are physically weak and can't do it anyway).

As for the pixels, not a question I can answer, that would more be one for Attilio!

The medals option is still there if you follow:

http://armada.stoacademy.com/commendations (make sure you're signed in) > My Commendations.

You should see a link to copy the forum code and a direct link

I followed that link, yet could not find the code for the actual medals, only the ribbon bar.  Do you have another link for the medals?

There is just the Ribbon Bar. The medals would cause an insanely large picture to use.
(03-16-2017, 07:15 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: There is just the Ribbon Bar. The medals would cause an insanely large picture to use.

Really depends on how large you make the Medals. You could limit the height to the current ribbon bar (3 ribbons high), just having them sit side by side.
(03-16-2017, 01:44 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: Really depends on how large you make the Medals. You could limit the height to the current ribbon bar (3 ribbons high), just having them sit side by side.
I would have 37 Commendations to consider, so how narrow should they be? Big Grin
Seriously now, I used to photoshop them together, but with increasing number it just looked weird. Besides, "full Medals" are not used in every day business anyway. Wink
Or you can just post it like this  Big Grin

(03-16-2017, 04:37 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: Or you can just post it like this  Big Grin

I dare you to officially suggest that to Attilio. Big Grin
(03-16-2017, 04:57 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: I dare you to officially suggest that to Attilio. Big Grin
Il be the first responder