defense aginst the Vaadwar
How do you defend yourself, gear or tactics wise, to protect yourself from the mines their ships are able to deploy that blanket your ship and then BOOM!! instant wipe.  It has become quite frustrating.

Moved to STO Discussions

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
most of it is done by tanking with the gear mentioned in the previous threads, but usually that means a respec later on... unless you can maneuver fast enough out of the cannon barrage that you're being targeted in... easiest way to do that is to hit evasive and close distance causing them to overshoot and miss you, or run like hell away from them at max engines... then try to draw them out one by one so its an evened out (albeit longer) match. You could also try using shields batteries and your 30sec heal powers like eng team or sci team on your primary row/keybind so they always are maximized.

or you could just call me over and i'll mop them up for you Wink
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I figured as much..... are those mines avaliable to players as well? I looked at wiki and it seems to me that the only way is with the console which is apparently only available via the T6 ship ($$$) please correct me if i'm mistaken about that because i would love to arm my ship with those mines.

(01-05-2017, 05:04 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: I figured as much..... are those mines avaliable to players as well? I looked at wiki and it seems to me that the only way is with the console which is apparently only available via the T6 ship ($$$) please correct me if i'm mistaken about that because i would love to arm my ship with those mines.

Just FYI if I'm also not mistaken, that console can only be used on that vaadwar ship and so you would be restricted to playing on that ship to use that console.
ah, you must be referring to the Vaadwaur Cluster Torpedo Mk XIII that is rewarded from “Revelations” in the Delta Quadrant story arc, and the [Console - Universal - Constriction Anchor] from the Vaadwaur Lock Box is available on the Exchange..

The Vaadwaur Artillery Set consoles are also nice to have for the niche Snakehead ship builds, but only work on those ships.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(01-06-2017, 12:08 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: ah, you must be referring to the Vaadwaur Cluster Torpedo Mk XIII that is rewarded from “Revelations” in the Delta Quadrant story arc, and the [Console - Universal - Constriction Anchor] from the Vaadwaur Lock Box is available on the Exchange..

The Vaadwaur Artillery Set consoles are also nice to have for the niche Snakehead ship builds, but only work on those ships.

That's the way i figured it too.... i have the cluster torpedo reward, but it's not nearly as powerful as the mine spreads laid down by their ships.