warp cores at the dilithium mine.
i never really thought about how it looks... but you say the iconian set has good performance, so i assume you consider it to be better than the romulan set. Could you explain why?

(12-25-2016, 09:31 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: i never really thought about how it looks... but you say the iconian set has good performance, so i assume you consider it to be better than the romulan set. Could you explain why?

yes the Iconian 4 piece set is the current meta for powerful builds. All of its boosts will (almost) double the output of what your weapons and systems can do.
The Temporal Defense Initiative Starship Technologies is second best (AND it will save you on some marks hunting by boosting sector/slipstream speed like the Assimilated subtranswarp impulse engines do too!)
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
https://www.sto.gamepedia.com has the stats on every single ship set- have a read and research which ones have the optimal stats- i.e. damage if you want damage, hull/shield capacity if you want to tank. 

Also go to r/sto to find the shipbuild section.
doubling my ship stats does sound good, however, wiki says that to get some of the mats to build the  iconian space and ground sets, advanced and elite pve queues must be done.  that seems a bit out of my league now, but, perhaps with some lesser sets, i will at least be able to make a decent showing when it comes time to run those missions.

(12-27-2016, 03:39 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: doubling my ship stats does sound good, however, wiki says that to get some of the mats to build the  iconian space and ground sets, advanced and elite pve queues must be done.  that seems a bit out of my league now, but, perhaps with some lesser sets, i will at least be able to make a decent showing when it comes time to run those missions.

If you are ok with using phasers, the Quantum Phase equipment and weapons double set is essentially the generic mission rewarded version of the Iconian set. only problem with that is it's still relatively new from just last year and you're still starting in the Delta expansion... perhaps someone can just craft you an AEGIS set instead? hmm...

And there's absolutely no need to even think of doing elite missions. You only need to do the advanced missions for the reputation specific tech. The only reason you would need to do elite is for the salvaged technology to craft superior experimental upgrades for maximizing quality chance improvement on crafted items at a low mark, otherwise it's a negligible increase on mk xi and up, since they will pop anyways after 3-6 passes in the upgrade system. Really hated all the misinformation that's out there when i was in the same situation...luckily you'll find some of the most honest folks here Angel Big Grin lol
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
those two sets do look nice...... as i am working on R&D as well, maybe in the not too distant future i will be able to craft them myself.  I thank you all for your patience and guidance!