warp cores at the dilithium mine.
yesterday, while mining dilithium at the fleet mine, I decided to take a look at what the warp core vendor had in stock.  After perusing his wares, I noticed that the max level of the cores i could see was mark XII.  Is that truly all he had to offer, or did i see what i saw because of either my level (57) or the level of my ship (assault cruiser, last free promotion ship)?  Also, if they were maxed at mark XII because that is max for that location, will the vendors at other fleet holdings have higher level gear available?

(12-23-2016, 04:03 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: yesterday, while mining dilithium at the fleet mine, I decided to take a look at what the warp core vendor had in stock.  After perusing his wares, I noticed that the max level of the cores i could see was mark XII.  Is that truly all he had to offer, or did i see what i saw because of either my level (57) or the level of my ship (assault cruiser, last free promotion ship)?  Also, if they were maxed at mark XII because that is max for that location, will the vendors at other fleet holdings have higher level gear available?

All Fleet Vendor offered equipment usually is ranked Mk X - XII.
Gamepedia can give you all available option:
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Warp_Cores
ok... thanks.  it is good stuff, but i didn't want to spend the credits if there was higher level gear available.

(12-23-2016, 05:18 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: ok... thanks.  it is good stuff, but i didn't want to spend the credits if there was higher level gear available.

Make sure to get the Elite version when buying coresm because only they can have AMP.
there are several fleet cores that are just as good as the Iconian or Temporal reputation project cores, but they won't give set bonuses. so they can be used before you get the rep gear, but afterwards i'd switch to the rep gear.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
im working on the romulan reputation set right now, grinding the marks is the longest part.  I did notice that i have 0 marks from quite a few of the...... factions i suppose is the word. is there a STO wiki link that details where to earn rep marks for them?

You can find pretty much everything here:
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

A simple Google search would also reveal a lot
(12-25-2016, 01:49 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: im working on the romulan reputation set right now, grinding the marks is the longest part.  I did notice that i have 0 marks from quite a few of the...... factions i suppose is the word. is there a STO wiki link that details where to earn rep marks for them?

fastest way to earn reputation project marks is the PVE missions. I know i mentioned how fast they can go doing PUGs in a previous post, but that is the upside of doing so: you can end up with enough marks in a few days for one piece of gear if you keep grinding it and then it's just a matter of waiting on the daily conversion time to level up the project tier to access the full sets.
The pve window has a filter for what marks you are after and if you want space, ground, or a choice of marks.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
thank you, I'll do some more searching on wiki, and i'll keep working on the Romulan space set as well

(12-25-2016, 05:54 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: thank you, I'll do some more searching on wiki, and i'll keep working on the Romulan space set as well

You doing the romulan set for how it looks ( it can look pretty sweet)? If you're looking for a set with good performance, would personally suggest going for another reputation set, say the iconian set...