Fastest Race on Ice - Tips & Tricks
Day 8. Still haven't won a single race.  Impossible to get Breen ship now. I give up.
(12-09-2016, 04:35 AM)HobbitFan Wrote: Day 8. Still haven't won a single race.  Impossible to get Breen ship now. I give up.

Don't give up. The Event goes until Jan 12! Still plenty of time to get it!
Next time you are online ask somebody in the chat to train the race with you. 

Btw, you are doing the single race, and not the Race against other players, are you?
I got a cheap weapon from the exchange with the [Run] mod. Took awhile to find one, but
it didn't cost much, and it helps. And always jump (double click forward) if you are in danger
to get off track. That alone should let you win the NPC Race.
The breen always seems to be faster then my toon when I have to race him. Though if i don't see any of the npc's I tend to win.
(12-09-2016, 04:16 PM)RiverSong Wrote: The breen always seems to be faster then my toon when I have to race him. Though if i don't see any of the npc's I tend to win.

Are you using the Sprint button? you won't win without using it.
Also as said previously, a cheap weapon with [Run] mod gives an extra 10% speed.
And could also get the Frost Boots from the event, they also help with the speed.
I really find big help on youtube. Search for how to videos and you will ne fine.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

Honestly practice makes perfect. Just keep doing it without accepting the mission. Start by jugging and getting a feel for how the track curves. Eventually you can start running.

Another good way to practice is get the ice boots and just run around. They slip and slide the same way as you would on the track, so you'll get a better feel of how to aim where you want to go.

Thanks to the tips on here, I finally completed a race against a Rura Penthe dog.
For the race, you also should think of Tokyo Drift, cause that is how we get the fastest times on there... #STO_DK :Cool which means to always point where you want your momentum to go, and not so much on the direction you're going. (helps to zoom out some too if trying to drift) By doing that i'm able to get the track time to around a minute, and could get that down even more once i get the 8472 counter command rep gear

The spiders are the fastest opponents you will get, but opponents are assigned with the same "randomness" as a lockbox ship drop. It IS possible to also get a race where you don't have any opponent (but i still would run like hell just in case that's just a bug, or your opponent is really your own shadow)

I would actually advise against using frosted boots for the entire track since the increased speed also means equally less traction control. There is less traction in the middle of the track than there is on the edges. I have boots on only one of my toons, but i also have it in row 1 of my slots so i can toggle it several times in stretches i know i can go fast in.

As you can see on the map here, there's only a few stretches that having the boot boost activated will work best: right out of the start in full run mode pointing at the second soft turn up until the first set of S turns, right after the first set of S curves up until the turn back toward the lake, at the hard turn behind the Ice Fishing pavilion,  and after the switchback on the northeast side where the breen says "they're entering the final stretch," up until the final set of S turns. Cutting the corners in soft turns will also help give you a slight lead, but the rule is that if it's more than one body length into the white snow, it gets an out of bounds DQ.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I hold down the right mouse button when I do the race. I have found that I can make the turns better amd not slide as much. And I usually just run the entire course with the mouse making the turns for me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk