Fleet Holding Names
(10-19-2016, 03:04 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: Perhaps, naming after Space programs? like Starbase Apollo, Constellation Center, Vostok Station...

or even after major ports, like Norfolk, or the greek alphabet like starbase Omega...
but I have a feeling most will want something more creative- just nothing silly like "Starry McStarbase"

Starry McStarbase ftw
(10-19-2016, 10:07 PM)aaaict Wrote: Starry McStarbase ftw

Every holding will be named this Big Grin

(10-19-2016, 11:29 PM)Attilio Wrote: Every holding will be named this Big Grin
Closing thread lol

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
ok then,
[sarcasm]
and when we're done, we can go to the...
Dilly McDil Mine! :lol:
[/sarcasm]
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(10-20-2016, 07:04 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: ok then,
[sarcasm]
and when we're done, we can go to the...
Dilly McDil Mine! :lol:
[/sarcasm]
Followed by Labby McLabdance?
(10-21-2016, 04:04 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Followed by Labby McLabdance?

I might need to bring some extra EC Dollars for that... if only they would play "It's raining PEN"
Giggity!
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
With fleet starbases its worth noting that virtually all such bases shown in the series' and films were interface stations designed for transshipping of materials and personnel from interstellar to more localized transport, and have large civilian compliments and often families schools etc.. Our fleet bases on the other hand are in a non populous system and are designed much more for military operations support with minimal facilities for civilians. My point being that they'd probably use a different designation than the starbases we're familiar with, instead of starbase perhaps fleet station, or fleet base would make more sense.

so for fleet bases I propose the following....
Academy- Fleet Station Togo
Militia- Fleet Station Spruance
Omega- Fleet Station Golitsyn
Infinity- Fleet Station Themistocles
All named after famous admirals. Many other Admirals could have fit the bill for this, in particular it's worth considering names from the series' and films such as Garth (of Izar), April, Archer, Kirk etc.

For the mining facilities........
Academy-Hephestus Station
Militia- Regin Station
Omega- Daikitsu Station
Infinity- Lugoves Station
In this case all are named after deities with some association with crafting.

Research Labs.......
Academy-Research Station Faraday
Militia- Research Station Brahe
Omega- Research Station Kepler
Infinity- Research Station Bohr
All research facilities are named after famous scientists.

Spire..........
The spires being in the Dyson Sphere and thusly being by default associated with the newly formed alliance between the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic it seems appropriate to recognize that reality in the naming. So instead of the normal designations for bases or stations I call these facilities Alliance Bases.
Academy- Alliance Base Cabot
Militia- Alliance Base Shackleton
Omega- Alliance Base Perry
Infinity- Alliance Base Tokubei
All spire facilities are named after famous explorers from Earths history but research could yield names for explorers mentions in ST canon and those would be more appropriate.

K-13..................
These facilities were iirc referred to as Starbase in TOS, and it seems appropriate to respect that.
Academy- Starbase Atlantis
Militia- Starbase El Dorado
Omega- Starbase Ys
Infinity- Starbase Aztlan
All K-13 series bases are named after lost cities/ civilizations from Earths history.
[Image: gthibaudeau_10359.jpg]
I'm going to leave this open for another week. We'll also need names for the new K-13 base.

Just a quick update. I know it's been a couple weeks but the Admirals and I are finally getting started on narrowing down the list and assigning the names to the various holdings.

Thanks everyone who took the time to make suggestions. Some of you (including myself) suggested certain names for holdings in specific fleets, but we might not stay true to that. It depends how we divide them. I'll definitely make an announcement when we're done.