Ship Set Gear Database
Hi everyone,

I put together a Google Doc with a sortable list of all the current reputation and storyline gear for starships, in an effort to quantify some of the thoughts I've had over the years with regards to the utility of various sets. Everything but the cores page is done at this point. Feel free to have a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

The document is organized by equipment type (deflectors, engines, cores, and shields) and is only for ship equipment sets right now. I may add weapons at a later date but I feel like that topic is pretty well quantified already, and additionally the weapon usage is strongly driven by whatever is "best" in the metagame at a given point. Ship gear on the other hand offers a bit more variety (outside of ICONIAN=DEEPS MODE), and in fact in many cases depending on your build there are some very strong non-reputation options to consider. 

Most of the gear I have was at UR already except for a few of the shields and engines, but I do not believe that most items gain a significant boost in stats from rare to UR to Epic. Rather, the mods which are gained at UR and Epic drive the stat boosts, and in most cases I was able to account for these by looking up on stowiki or r/sto the ones which I didn't have yet. 

The page is prefiltered and sortable, so if you're looking to maximize a particular stat or effect you can easily find what you need. 

--Beardy

oooooohhhh kewl...

you've got soo much good data for me to assimilate...

up till now i've been using the UFP thread with with pics of the epic versions for the info but this is way more detail!
https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?512...-Epic-Gear
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I did use that previously as well but it is out of date and doesn't account for the skill revamp either.

(09-19-2016, 09:29 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: oooooohhhh kewl...

you've got soo much good data for me to assimilate...

up till now i've been using the UFP thread with with pics of the epic versions for the info but this is way more detail!
https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?512...-Epic-Gear

This is really nice.   What I like about it is the fact that it really helps you to prioritize, which reputations to max out and focus on first.  All the reputations are helpful, its just some are more than others depending on what you need.   Also I think this helps you to better make decisions on which gear to pick up when it gives you an option with certain story missions.  

P.S. Also Akimalyn2380, "assimilate" eh?  Sound like someone is liberated borg. ^_-;
(09-20-2016, 12:36 AM)robonixon Wrote: I did use that previously as well but it is out of date and doesn't account for the skill revamp either.

This should be considered for a sticky. Right up there with your compilation of the energy types. Thanks for providing great compiled resource.
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
Thanks for the hard work!