Short Leave of Absense
I may be gone from getting online for a few weeks. Going to be moving to a different place here in San Diego. So I might take a month or so for that to settle down and be back again to play again. I hope this won't qualify me being booted out of the fleet.

I am fairly new, but in the short duration that I've been here, I've enjoyed the company of the fleet/armada members in game. Thank You Attilio for approving of my entrance to the armada. For those that don't know, I'm Veela Kirk in the game. Anyway, thanks all.
Good luck with your move, if any purging does hit, just give a callout when you get online for anyone to reinvite and let the admirals know so they can restore your status.

If you have a smartphone, you can still check in and contribute to your fleet holdings by using the Gateway at http://gateway.startrekonline.com/
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
(09-10-2016, 05:54 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: If you have a smartphone, you can still check in and contribute to your fleet holdings by using the Gateway at http://gateway.startrekonline.com/

Thanks for that link. How is it that site still show's "Beta"? That's what I saw when I checked it out.
But it does run. It's also neat how it shows all my accolades. I didn't think each of my characters had so much. In game, the accolades are harder to read through. In there they make a nice display of what I have for each of my characters.
ohhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  

Smile
(09-11-2016, 04:44 AM)ED4 Wrote: Thanks for that link. How is it that site still show's "Beta"? That's what I saw when I checked it out.
But it does run. It's also neat how it shows all my accolades. I didn't think each of my characters had so much. In game, the accolades are harder to read through. In there they make a nice display of what I have for each of my characters.

The Beta part of it is just that, it's still a working beta... that has been that way for several years now because of management prioritizing other projects over it, such as Agents of Yesterday and the Console release... the devs have said that they may not go back to it anytime soon, if at all, so what we see is what we are stuck with... the original idea was to be able to do all the duty officer stuff on the go to save on characters and ships sitting idle clogging up the spawn points of the maps, as other mmo games have a similar secondary interface... I really like the interface Destiny has, but that's asking too much for STO unfortunately.

Another little known trick is that the gateway also allows you the ability to look up ANYONE's profile by simply replacing your character name and handle with someone else's and then clicking on any of your characters to start the transfer to view their profiles. Some may view this as an unfair exploit, especially in PVP, but "Resistance is Futile"

For the last 3 weeks, accessing the Gateway the computer is plagued with a constant disconnecting bug but using it through a mobile browser has been more stable...
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
Best of luck with the move mate, i've just done one myself not long ago so know how bad it can be.