Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon
Morning Fleet,

I'm looking for a new ground weapon for my main (and possibly my AoY chap). Something a little different perhaps. Was thinking about the Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon and I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions on what it's like.

I play all sorts of ground so I'm happy to switch weapon types when needed. Currently I use one of these bad boys as my primary ground weapon (and I love it dearly):

Any other suggestions (not really interested in the Ferengi whip)? Or should I go with the Boolean?

Thanks all!

MGE.

It is literally the best weapon ever. Its only downside after a recent patch is that Borg adapt to it. 

Pair it with Deadly Intent kit module for maximum hilarity. I can one-shot bosses with it if I get a good crit on it with all my buffs.

I just upgraded my new Boolean to Epic.. nuff said Big Grin
(09-01-2016, 09:26 PM)robonixon Wrote: It is literally the best weapon ever. Its only downside after a recent patch is that Borg adapt to it. 

Pair it with Deadly Intent kit module for maximum hilarity. I can one-shot bosses with it if I get a good crit on it with all my buffs.

All well and good if you have hundreds of $ to spend on lock box keys to get enough lobi to purchase it..... how about something that anyone can acquire?

(03-17-2017, 05:37 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: All well and good if you have hundreds of $ to spend on lock box keys to get enough lobi to purchase it..... how about something that anyone can acquire?

Farm the Mission "Uneasy Allies" for the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor and the Romulan Imperial Navy Kit.
Make sure that your kit has [+Plasma] [CritX] [Kperf]x2. This will take awhile, but it's free, and basically the best kit in the game.
Yes, better than the Delta Expedition Kit, because it gets the same Mods plus it has an additional [+Plasma] Mod.
So it is most useful with Plasma weapons, while still "as"useful with non-plasma weapons.

Run the Mission "The Temporal Front" for the Na'kuhl Shield and Weapon. Don't use the weapon, just slot it in the 2nd weapon slot. The weapon is crap, but you want the 2pc Set Bonus.

Buy a Romulan Plasma Split Beam Rifle with [CritX]x2 from the Romulan Reputation Store.

Now you have a killer combination, despite only paying a few EC and Dil for a weapon. 
Edit: The Romulan Plasma Split Beam Rifle works best with this combination. But you can use any weapon you like without compromising efficiency.

More about that build here: http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=4411

Gather it all this weekend so you can still take advantage of the Upgrade bonus.
Is there a version of deadly intent for engineering officers? The only one I see is for tac and I bought the boolean for my eng not my tac.
(03-17-2017, 08:35 PM)RiverSong Wrote: Is there a version of deadly intent for engineering officers? The only one I see is for tac and I bought the boolean for my eng not my tac.

It seems there is nothing that has the same or a similar function.
You could focus on buffing yourself or the team more, or use something like Plasma Feedback Cascade to expose enemies, which would make the secondary fire mode of the Boolean more powerful.
(03-17-2017, 06:15 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: Farm the Mission "Uneasy Allies" for the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor and the Romulan Imperial Navy Kit.
Make sure that your kit has [+Plasma] [CritX] [Kperf]x2. This will take awhile, but it's free, and basically the best kit in the game.
Yes, better than the Delta Expedition Kit, because it gets the same Mods plus it has an additional [+Plasma] Mod.
So it is most useful with Plasma weapons, while still "as"useful with non-plasma weapons.

Run the Mission "The Temporal Front" for the Na'kuhl Shield and Weapon. Don't use the weapon, just slot it in the 2nd weapon slot. The weapon is crap, but you want the 2pc Set Bonus.

Buy a Romulan Plasma Split Beam Rifle with [CritX]x2 from the Romulan Reputation Store.

Now you have a killer combination, despite only paying a few EC and Dil for a weapon. 
Edit: The Romulan Plasma Split Beam Rifle works best with this combination. But you can use any weapon you like without compromising efficiency.

More about that build here: http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=4411

Gather it all this weekend so you can still take advantage of the Upgrade bonus.

I have the Romulan Navy set equipped and switch between a borg dual pistol and a sonic rifle, depending on whether I'm running defara battlezone or nukara.

(03-17-2017, 05:37 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: All well and good if you have hundreds of $ to spend on lock box keys to get enough lobi to purchase it..... how about something that anyone can acquire?

A bit of an exaggeration. In truth, it would normally be about $11. Ten keys costs $11.25 and, on average, you get about 5 Lobi per box opened. The weapon is 50 Lobi.
(09-01-2016, 09:26 PM)robonixon Wrote: It is literally the best weapon ever. Its only downside after a recent patch is that Borg adapt to it. 

I use it with the Klingon Honor Guard set as this gives automatic refrequencing.