Yet another suggestion
The easiest thing would be to setup a forum thread where everyone can submit ideas. People can submit multiple ideas. If we want to allow fleet voting then either the Admirals narrow down the list first, or we just open it up to voting. We can figure that out later, doesn't need to be complex.

I agree the simpler the better.
[Image: gthibaudeau_10359.jpg]
(08-25-2016, 12:52 AM)Attilio Wrote: The easiest thing would be to setup a forum thread where everyone can submit ideas. People can submit multiple ideas. If we want to allow fleet voting then either the Admirals narrow down the list first, or we just open it up to voting. We can figure that out later, doesn't need to be complex.

Just would like to point out that the last time we had a vote on the forum, it was declared to be unrepresentative of the fleet, so wouldn't doing this by ingame email be more accurate and get a wider reception?
Perhaps we could offer prizes as an incentive? For whoever's suggestion wins in a specific fleet/facility they would receive some item as a prize? I'd be willing to donate some craftables to this, some upgrades and/or an aegis set, or possibly a TR-116? This might promote it as a competition and drum up more interest. Further if people elect not to vote then they have nothing to complain about, it'll be representative of that part of the fleet which takes an interest.
This isn't as important as the last poll we did, and when the time for it has elapsed, the Admirals can still decide on names if necessary. I won't be surprised if that's the case anyway because we need 8 names for each holding, for a total of 40. A poll may not even be possible/a good idea.

I'd rather not offer prizes because as I mentioned, people should be able to submit multiple ideas. Someone who submits 10 names would have an unfair advantage over someone who submits 5.

Like I said, let's keep this simple. The firs thing is just to ask members to submit ideas. The rest can be figured out later.

Okay, I see your reasoning.
Just a heads up I was going to set this up for today's fleet message but it completely slipped my mind. I'll set it up for next week.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk