Yet another suggestion
I thought it might be cool to name the facilities the various fleets operate such as the starbase, dil mine, etc. It could be fun to turn it into a fleetwide activity, for instance we could have say a two week period where people suggest names for the various facilities, then the admirals could screen them and pick say four for each facility then we could have a week where the fleet votes for their favorites. I think for instance that Militia Starbase could be improved on as a name, it could be Armstrong Station, or FB-213 or whatever, adding a fun fleet activity and some more flavor to the game and the fleet.
[Image: gthibaudeau_10359.jpg]
Sounds like an interesting idea.
Glad you like the idea, fingers crossed the admirals do as well.
I like the idea, but I'm wondering how that could be implemented into the game since as far as i know only ships and bridge officers can be renamed. Taking that thought one more step, could you imagine if we were able to custom paint the starbase???
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I think you can also rename the facilities, but even if it's not in game it could be fun. Painting them would be very cool, hell of a big job though.
Oh painting them would be nice
Yup, the fleet holding names are editable. As far as I know, it only shows up in the fleet window, now while you're at that holding. I think its a fun idea.

(08-23-2016, 11:28 AM)Attilio Wrote: Yup, the fleet holding names are editable. As far as I know, it only shows up in the fleet window, now while you're at that holding. I think its a fun idea.

Really! That's awesome, let me know if there's anything I can do to help get this off the ground.
I didn't even know they where editable. Good idea Ginni. Wink

Subspace Transmitter
Thanks for y'alls support! So then the question becomes when and how to implement this. I suggest doing it next month, we could announce the name nomination process in the first week of September, allow two weeks for nominations, then a week for the admirals to select appropriate choices and hold the vote by in game mail or on website thread in last week of the month, then announce in the first fleet mail in October. If theres anything I can do to help with this don't hesitate to ask.

A couple of points that the admiralty may want to consider, is the nomination and voting restricted by fleet or is it open to the armada? I suspect the latter would actually be easier. Secondly the nomination and voting, I think it would be easier for y'all if its done on the website but would likely get less attention /activity from the fleet.