Neep Help
Here is my T5U Kar'Fi Carrier build. It's doing about 18k DPS and I want to break the 20k barrier with it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/61d56...2d8b5dfadb

I look forward to reading everyone's advice
Well aside from the obvious, upgrading your tac consoles to XIV, and possibly going with a more dps friendly space set the only thing that springs to mind is boff skills. Kemocite Laced Weaponry is pricy but it gave my dps a big boost, that alone could possibly take you to 20k or higher. As an aside I love your ships name, Sheridan was awesome.
[Image: gthibaudeau_10359.jpg]
I already have a copy of Kemo Weapons 1 on it. I'm grinding out the Honor Guard set while i'm working on grinding out my Iconian Rep for that set
Ok here are a couple of things that I would advise you to change. Note that this is all advice but your personal preferences come first. ( I am assuming that you do know about how DPS works, if not then please take a look at my post here. http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=3840 ) I'd also take a look at sto reddit r/sto and sto reddit ship builds as well, all the info is there. 

1) Are you using disruptors out of personal preference? This is because Antiproton weapons are the best and most widely used in DPS builds because they add additional Critical severity. From now on in the review all the modifiers/damage will be as if you use AP weapons, although disruptor can able be applied. 

2) Weapons- I would ditch the coalition disruptors and the photon. The weapons mods are far from optimal, and even if you are hard pressed to get the crtdx3 pen or dmgx3 pen weapons, then I would advise getting the dmgx3 crtd advanced weapons from the fleet starbase. These will do nicely until you are able to get the high end weapons. Alternatively you can look for weapons with as many crtd modifiers as possible, which should boost your DPS, as atm the solitary crtd mod isn't really anywhere as good as it could be. I'd also replace the photon with a new beam as well, saves you from operating multiple damage types. 

3) Set- Get the iconian set- its the best DPS set atm. I wouldn't bother with space honor guard. If it has the same values/abilities as the MACO space set it will make the plasmonic leech NOT WORK. So the iconian set with the pulse for a huge boost in damage is what I have and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to boost DPS. 

4) consoles- 
ENG- absolutely OK here. Plasmonic leech is essential, and the kabali console is a good oh crap button. I might be tempted to swap the RCS for a fleet neutronium, but if you find the turn rate boost beneficial, then leave it. 

SCI- I would replace all three consoles here to the fleet nullifying plasma consoles. You should max these out for the maximum benefit for the plasma explosion, and the DRAINX for the plasmonic leech. This should lead to a nice boost in damage output from the plasma explosions. 

TAC- All good here. 

5) Hanger- I don't fly carriers, so I'm not qualified to give an expert opinion on this, but I do know that there are better hangers pets out there, such as the fleet ones, and I have heard that the kelvin timeline ones are very nice. Suggest you do some research here and find which one would be best for your needs. 

6) Boffs- 
TAC- would replace that torp spread III with FAW III. 

SCI- I'm not a science guy, but I would personally replace the tractor beams with feedback pulse, which recently has been used to great effect in the higher ends of the DPS channel. 

Hope this helps, and do do some research to find your own personal play style/ optimum layout. 

@aaaict
I am trying to go for a canon build with all disruptors. i have some PEN beams that i've been slowly gathering/crafting and upgrading. I went with Coalition Disruptors because of the power drain proc they offer however I am going to be swapping them out with the standard disruptors that are [CrtD][Dmg][Pen]. I can ditch the torp, but they do pack some decent hurt with the Kemocite activated. i will focus my efforts hence forth on the Iconian rep and gear. Been thinking about quick leveling the krenim sci ship for the Improved Feedback Pulse trait but really don't have room for it. Are the current traits ok or do I need to go shopping?
It would help a lot, if you add the following to the build:
  • Personal Space Traits
  • Starship Traits
  • Reputation Space Traits
  • Active Reputation Traits

(08-17-2016, 10:01 PM)aaaict Wrote: SCI- I would replace all three consoles here to the fleet nullifying plasma consoles. You should max these out for the maximum benefit for the plasma explosion, and the DRAINX for the plasmonic leech. This should lead to a nice boost in damage output from the plasma explosions.
Yes, to three Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifiers. No, to all three of them having DrainX. Keep the one with DrainX for the Leech, but get two with EPG for your Gravity Well and Tractor Beam Repulsors.

(08-17-2016, 10:01 PM)aaaict Wrote: 5) Hanger- I don't fly carriers, so I'm not qualified to give an expert opinion on this, but I do know that there are better hangers pets out there, such as the fleet ones, and I have heard that the kelvin timeline ones are very nice. Suggest you do some research here and find which one would be best for your needs. 
There is only one choice when it comes to Hangar Pets for the Kar'Fi: Elite Fer'Jai Frigates. Yes, it will be expensive. But you will see, that they are worth it. I had them and I loved them.
TacPaddy, i will add the items requested but i did post in the notes the ship traits i'm using. Also funny you should mention the Elite Fer'Jai Frigates as that is one of the pets that is in serious contendership. I was also looking at the Elite Orion Slavers because they give you battle swag.

Starship Traits:
-Weapon System Synergy
-Critical Systems
-Greedy Emitters
-Overwhelming Force

Personal Space Traits:
-Astrophyicist
-Techie
-Point-Blank Shot
-Grace Under Fire
-Elusive
-Operative
-Accurate
-Advanced Rapid Support
-Innocuous

Starship Reputation Traits
-Energy Refrequencer
-Enhanced Armor Penetration
-Advanced Targeting Systems
-Auxillary Power Configuration Offense

Active Reputation Traits
-Medical Nanite Cloud
-Concussive Tachyon Emission
-Quantum Singularity Manipulation
-Refracting Tetryon Cascade
**also available is Deploy Sensor Interference Platform**

I am still working on completing the Temporal, Dyson, Undine and Terran reps
You should look into obtaining/slotting the following Personal Space Traits:

Inspirational Leader: 10% chance to activate +10 all Starship Skills for 15 seconds (max 3 stacks).

Fleet Coordinator: +2% All Damage (cat2) per team member.  Stacks up to 5 times.

Beam Training: 5% beam weapon damage (cat2)

Particle Manipulator: Grants bonus CrtD and CrtH based on the skill-points you have in Starship Particle Generators.

Fluidic Cucoon: Chance to increase all outgoing Energy Weapon Damage by 5% (yet more cat2).  I forget off the top of my head how high this stacks, but I believe it's three times.  I'll let you know when I log in later and look at it.

Starship Reputation Traits:
These look fine.  You should look into purchasing the 5th Starship Reputation Trait slot and slot Precision (+4% CrtH).

Active Reputation Abilities:
Remove Medical Nanite Cloud/Concussive Tachyon Emission and replace with Deploy Sensor Interference Platform and Bio-Molecular Shield Generator as soon as you get T5 in the respective Reputations.  No need to use T5 Omega/Delta in space since they are ground abilities.

I mentioned this in chat the other night too, but TBR will be much more useful when paired with Graga Mal (reverses TBR's push factor so it pulls instead). 

Also, if you post your skill-tree we'd be happy to chime-in as well. Big Grin  The more information you post the more help you can receive. Wink
I think you misunderstood there, Rev. By canon build, i meant all disruptors since it's a KDF ship, not cannon as is DHCs.
(08-19-2016, 07:34 PM)Bryce Wrote: I think you misunderstood there, Rev. By canon build, i meant all disruptors since it's a KDF ship, not cannon as is DHCs.

That's what I get for not reading carefully... Wink

The above post changes very little, still.  Beam Training has the same principle as Cannon training.  Another trait to look into is Beam Barrage: +2% all damage (cat2) for 30 seconds.  Max stack is 3 times.