First look at Star Trek: Discovery (new TV series)
Wasnt that a "canned" design of the first Enterprise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!! Â (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and ProsperÂ
(08-26-2016, 09:49 PM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: Wasnt that a "canned" design of the first Enterprise?

No, but it's similar to the design for Star Trek Phase 2 (that was shelved), as I pointed out in the 3rd post of this thread.

Awww, THAT'S why that looked familiar...( kinda hope they dont use that one....)

Achieved my personal goal of 8 commendations for the month of November to commemorate being a member of STOA Infinity for 6 months!!! Â (yesssssssssss!!!) Live Long and ProsperÂ
I feel like the creators of STD flat out hated trekkies.

Finished filming the last episode of Star Trek: Discovery, "Alright everyone, a great season for STD..."

*Everyone Laughs*

Anyway, the show will be on CBS All Access only. $5 extra to watch one series, I won't paying and I doubt many others will.
They got a air date for star trek discovery 

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-disc...e-may-2017
(09-15-2016, 04:03 PM)RiverSong Wrote: They got a air date for star trek discovery 

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-disc...e-may-2017

Originally scheduled for January, now moved to May... sounds like they heard the fans and are making sure they "cross the t's and dot the i's"

There MAY be credence to the theory that DSC will follow the rise of "Number One" because of the fall of Garth of Izar...

The Trekyards people made a followup video, and apparently they were consulted for their opinions and have seen the current designs (and are legally bound from saying any specifics) which would confirm my criticism of their first video.

But them saying that the nacelles changed kinda worries me, because I liked the nacelle shape (looking akin to the Andromeda class Exploration Cruiser). It's the too angled and flat Puffed Doritos shaped secondary hull that needed to be changed.

If only they had done what STO did with the Odyssey and Jupiter classes and let the fans choose the design, everyone would of been 100% on board with it.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I had wondered about the date change, I wonder if we will see a new ship.  Ok now we can call it the star ship dorito  Tongue